Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:05 AM   #11

romphotog wrote:
Quote:
TCav wrote:
Quote:
Brooklyn is run by the Russian Mafia, and they are enjoying great success in the fields of credit card fraud and identity theft.
The Russian run Brooklyn? Really?! And I thought it was the Italians(Howard Beach)! Some sections ifcourse are run by haitians(Flatbush), others by the hasidim(Boro Park, Crown Heights), others by Pakistanis(Kensington).

You could say that since the Asians over ran Bensonhurst, and the Italians have either fled or dropped dead, it is no longer an Italian hood.
There's who lives there, and there's who runs it.

I grew up three blocks from John Gotti's mother's house. There was never any crime in that neighborhood. Those days are long gone.

A number of my relatives work for the Brooklyn Public Library. They travel the length and breadth of Brooklyn all day, every day. They say the Russian Mafia runs things, and I believe them. The Hasidim, however,have managed to avoid much of their influence.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:28 PM   #12

ahahh .. funny to see how the topic changed from should i buy this camera to who is ruling brooklyn.

anyway. back to the topic.

2 of those arent actual lenses just conversion adapters, which is ok to use with say a bridge camera (tho you will lose alot of image sharpness etc). but i wouldnt use it on my dslr . those 2 except canon 50mm lens are pretty much even worse then any kit lenses offered by any manufacturer like canon,olympus sony or others. ok for starters but don't expect miracles from those 2 :-)

the only really good lens there is the 50mm canon lens. other stuff like a 5gb cf and other stuff is just there to make the kit look a little richer.

cf cards (any other flash memory card now) are dirt cheap these days, u can get a cleaning kit or a tripod on ebay for a few bucks now.

for such an expensive purchase i always prefer a big store like bestbuy or futureshop where they have good return or exchange policy just in case something goes wrong.

i got my first dslr from bestbuy when they had a great sale. a sony a200, and got all those accessories on ebay.

like a remote shutter release for $4-5 bucks, found a minolta maxxum AF flash for $15 in a second hand store, got 2 more vivitar flashes for $15 each on yard sales, got my radio flash remote for $30 on ebay, optical flash triggers for $8 each on ebay, diffusers and umbrellas as well on ebay for dirt cheap.

all in all i definitely would recommend making such an expensive purchase from a trusted store rather then ebay.
whisky_n_whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 1:53 PM   #13

TCav wrote:
Quote:
romphotog wrote:
Quote:
TCav wrote:
Quote:
Brooklyn is run by the Russian Mafia, and they are enjoying great success in the fields of credit card fraud and identity theft.
The Russian run Brooklyn? Really?! And I thought it was the Italians(Howard Beach)! Some sections ifcourse are run by haitians(Flatbush), others by the hasidim(Boro Park, Crown Heights), others by Pakistanis(Kensington).

You could say that since the Asians over ran Bensonhurst, and the Italians have either fled or dropped dead, it is no longer an Italian hood.
There's who lives there, and there's who runs it.

I grew up three blocks from John Gotti's mother's house. There was never any crime in that neighborhood. Those days are long gone.

A number of my relatives work for the Brooklyn Public Library. They travel the length and breadth of Brooklyn all day, every day. They say the Russian Mafia runs things, and I believe them. The Hasidim, however,have managed to avoid much of their influence.
Well, ifsome BPL employees say Brooklyn is run by the Russians then it must be the truth! I am still waiting to hear from the librarians, chinese delivery boys, korean grocers, my local pizza man, the black shoe shine man, my super, the arab livery cab driver, the paper boy, the skanky hoe, and my uncle Moe who lives in the basement.

romphotog is offline   Reply With Quote