Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 1, 2008, 3:11 PM   #1

Hi there,

I've been looking at the 3 camera's and researching loads, including looking at people pics, forums websites, reviews, tests etc.....and have come completely stuck - I think I've done too much searching!!!!

Before I hit that "BUY" button, I would really like to hear some pro's advice on which one they would consider parting their cash with.

The only one I can't seem to find too many flaws on is the Olympus, whether for a good reason, I'm not sure. My other concern is surely Canon would be due to bring out the S6 shortly, and some people don't really recommend this for its auto feature in normal light settings, and sa to stay on manual settings.

I'll be honest with you - I'm swinging to the Olympus, but would much rather buy one of the others, if my money would be better spent!!

Appreciate to hear from you

L x
Misspie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2008, 3:49 PM   #2

It appears that Canon may soon officially announce the SX1 IS; SX1S ($449), a 10 megapixel 20x 28-560mm EVF with an articulated LCD and EX-compatible hotshoe.

This info was unofficially released last week for a few hours, before it vanished.

If you don't need to purchase immediately, I am guessing you will have more choices to consider within a month. The Photokina show is near the end of September, so there may be several new models announced prior to and during the show.

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2008, 3:51 PM   #3

Ahh thanks Dennis, but am off to Vegas in October and really wanted something to get to grips with prior to this.

I wonder if it is worth the wait!! hmmmmm
Misspie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2008, 9:48 PM   #4

I purchased the FZ-28 two weeks ago. Just returned from Costa Rica and the camera is GREAT. It is easy to opperate, super fast and takes great pictures. If someone could coach me I would put some pictures out for all to see.

Toy Boy
Toy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:53 PM   #5

Toy Boy wrote:
Quote:
I purchased the FZ-28 two weeks ago. Just returned from Costa Rica and the camera is GREAT. It is easy to opperate, super fast and takes great pictures. If someone could coach me I would put some pictures out for all to see.

Toy Boy
You need to post the pictures on some on line web site. I would suggest an easy method is to use Google's Picasa to help you quickly and easily edit (if necessary) your photos, then upload them to Picasaweb. Then you can simply post the URL (the web address) to the Picasaweb page with your pictures. You can obtain that by right-clicking the address when it is displaying, then click Copy to capture it. Next you paste it in to your posting on this forum. Fairly simple, once you have Picasa set up, and a Picasaweb page created.

Here's the link to get Picasa;

http://picasa.google.com/

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:21 PM   #6

MissPie

I'm sorry I can't help you compare but if some S5 shots will help go here:

www.pbase.com/johngalt_ny/baseball_action

here

http://www.pbase.com/johngalt_ny/journals

and/or here:

http://www.pbase.com/johngalt_ny/s5_testshots

Good luck

JG

JohnGaltNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 4:06 AM   #7

I would go with canon. I love to operate and enjoye it.
angelinalove is offline   Reply With Quote