Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:32 AM   #31
Administrator

I'd have to have a lot more than one 8GB spare for a long vacation (but, I'd just bring another form of storage along like a laptop)..

I've gone over 13GB on my 16GB Transcend in a single day more than once, and I've filled the card all the way a few times shooting a over a weekend. But, that was using continuous drive mode saving raw + jpeg while shooting mostly action type stuff (kid's basketball games, local car races). I doubt most people would shoot that way, and it does eat into storage on your hard drive (not to mention the time spent sorting through all of photos later. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:54 PM   #32

The number of snaps I used to take on my P&S hardly filled my 1 GB SD card. But things have changed now, so I should consider getting extra memory Thanks for the help!
nev81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 6:25 PM   #33
Administrator

That depends on the individual and how they shoot. If you're not using continuous mode for sports shooting raw + jpeg (and most users would not shoot that way), taking lots of bursts of the action, I doubt you'll need anymore for most typical use.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote