Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 23, 2008, 3:20 PM   #31

Congratulations, enjoy your new camera. You might also be interested in some "add-on" devices for you new S5 IS. Try Lensmate for ideas and products;

http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/S2.html

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:00 PM   #32

Hi Dennis-

Well, we have made our move to San Pedro, and we will board the Island Princess on Thursday (09/25) for our next contract. As we came down the coast to Southern California, the clear winner among the three cameras I am carrying, was clearly the new Panasonic FZ-28.

Sa
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:49 PM   #33

Hello Sarah,

Well, I just added the Canon wide converter lens to my Canon tele converter. My nice and light G9 suddenly got a lot heavier. Something like the FZ28 may draw me away from my nice little camera some day, due to the need for these two add-on lenses to get what I want/need. The wide lens takes me out to 26mm from 35mm, and the tele from 210mm optical to 420mm. I don't use them a lot yet, but I hope to get into a habit of taking them all with me when I'm out and about . At least I can get the two lenses, the adapter tube, and the Ultra-Pod II in a fanny pack for convenient carrying. The G9 is in a small belt bag, so I'm still somewhat mobile, and no big camera bag...yet. Wait until I add a 430EX, or something like it.

Thanks for the feedback on the FZ28. I have some friends who have been sitting on the fence for about year, trying to decide which camera to get. I think I'm going to try to push the FZ28 again. I spent so much time researching for them, I ended up getting the G9. Now the G10 is coming out. However, I didn't like the direction they took, so I decided to get the wide angle lens, and stick with the G9.

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:43 PM   #34

Hi Dennis-

The Panasonic FZ-28 by itself make for a very small kit, while offering a 28mm wideangle, and max zoom. While I also have the TZ-5, I find mysef reaching for the FZ-28 as it offers both manul and auto controls.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote