Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:03 AM   #1
NiN

help me pls? i plan to buy a new dslr and i'm confused on whar to buy.. the canon 1000d or 400d? i plan to shoot architecture, landscapes, and moving objects.. and people too.. i need help in this new hobby.. thanks!
NiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:31 AM   #2

Both are very good cameras and will do well for what you want.

The major difference between them is that the 1000D has 'Live View' which lets you use the LCD display to compose your shots.

Something else you may consider is the 450D. It also has 'Live View', but it also has a 12MP image sensor, while the others have 10MP. Because of the popularity of the 12MP 450D, it often sells for less than the 10MP 1000D.

How familiar are you with digital photography?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:20 PM   #3
NiN

i've done my researches and still confused on what to buy..
not very familiar with all of the things i can do with a dslr, but have little knowledge of photography.. using only a point and shoot sony w300 digicam.. learned few things with ISO, burst shots etc... simple things.
what i want to know is what is the best dslr for me or should i say a beginner like me? with choosing between canon 1000d and 400d? i think 450d is more expensive than the two.. pls help?

i've read that the 1000d has 7 af points and downgrade on raw busrt shot? so which is better? what's worth to buy? thanks in advance..
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:52 AM   #4

Just so I understand, how did you narrow your choices down to these? That is, how did you rule out other brands and models? Features? Cost? Selection of lenses? Accessories?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:28 PM   #5
NiN

firstly is cost and features...second are lenses and accessories. i've researched all over the net for reviews and infos and came up with the two.. i'm thinking bout the nikon d60 but i think canon 400d has more features good features.. is it true? thanks for replying TCav
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:29 AM   #6

I wouldn't bother with the D60. It has an inferior autofocus system, and it's selection of lenses is limited by the fact that it doesn't have an internal autofocus motor.

So, if you don't want 'Live View' get the 400D. If you do, get the 1000D or the 450D if it's priced right.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:51 AM   #7
NiN

thanks for the advice.. i will either go with 400d or 450d if my budget will fit.. thanks again!