Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:13 AM   #1

Hi all,I need to buy a cam of 8 MP ..I saw three cams sony W150 H10 and Canon Digital IXUS 80 IS..Can please someone suggest which is best ??
rtsundara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:08 AM   #2

rtsundara-

Because I really like the flexibility of a long zoom, I would not hesitate to choose the Sony H-10. However, your shooting style may not require a long zoom camera. I own the Sony H-3, the predessor to the H-10 and I really like the camera a lot.

Please tell us more about your shooting style and what subject that you normally and continually photograph. That might make your camera choice more precise. Here is a photo sample from my H-3.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:53 PM   #3

My shooting style is, i am not a photographic expert ..I am just intermediate..And moreover this is my first DigiCAm..So i want to buy a best Cam..And moreover in sony website i see H3 as discontinued...So gimme a choice between W150 and H10..And also now i see T77 with 12.1 MP from sony at the same price of H10..Can u tell which is the best ?? Because both have same price and T77 4 MP more.....
rtsundara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:49 AM   #4

rtsundara-

The Sony H-10 is the best choice, for sure. It offers a powerful flash, an excellent zoom range, while being very small and compact. It will make an excellent first digicam for you.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:12 PM   #5

I think the question is not so much your skill level, as how you expect to use your camera. For photographing wildlife I would definitely pick the H10 with its big zoom which gives a long telephoto. But for travel I would rather have the W150. More compact, nice wideangle zoom, and an optical viewfinder. Different people have very different needs.

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:25 PM   #6

Kelly-

My suggestion of the Sony H-10 was based on providing the OP with the most in terms of camera feature set. While, if you look closely, I did ask him or her about the proposed uses for this camera, he or she failed to provide an answer. Therefore, I went to the H-10 as it gave the greatest selection of photo possibilities.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:01 PM   #7

Oh, I certainly agree that we are all operating in the dark here, since the OP did not answer your earlier question about his uses. :-) Features are nice. I had a Canon S3 with lots of nice features.Simply not my view that the max in features automatically becomes the best camera choice. Do like the H10 for what it does, wish Fuji and Olympus also had models in that particular bracket. If sales for the new Canon SX110 take off, maybe some others will get on board?

rambling Kelly
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:08 PM   #8

Kelly-

Because of their rather small physical size, the Sony H-3 and its successor, the H-10 have actually cut into the pocket camera market for Sony. Another huge plus for the H-3/H-10 cameras is their extended falsh range up to 23 feet.

Sarah Joyce