Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 21, 2008, 8:08 PM   #11

Mainly looking to keep shutter lag below 2 seconds between shots. Since picture quality is good on all of them, mainly concerned with keeping price below 300 and best zoom as well. We did look at the canon 870IS. I was a little concerned with the zoom and she was mainly concerned that she could not operate the camera easily. I did see a canon powershot with 10X zoom that she was OK with concerning the size.
scabbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 8:28 PM   #12

Run a Google search on the phrase "Shutter Lag Comparison" (include quote marks)
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:00 PM   #13

scabbard wrote:
Quote:
I did see a canon powershot with 10X zoom that she was OK with concerning the size.
I assume you're talking about the Canon SX110IS. I haven't seen any reviews yet but I've played with it at the camera shop and I like it a lot.
http://www.photographyblog.com/index...shot_sx110_is/
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:16 PM   #14

Hah! Andy got there ahead of me. I'm looking forward to seeing the new SX110 myself. There is one aspect of this design that can bother casual photogs. To use the flash you have to raise the flash head. With most cameras the flash is always available, no extra move needed. Doesn't bother me (my Canon S3 was the same way) but can bother the heck out of some folks.

:|Kelly
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:50 AM   #15

Kellty-

You really covered all the bases. Last summer I looked at the Canon SX-100 and was impressed overall, but I did feel that it too much push to release the shutter. It may have only been that camera, but it would be worthwhile checking.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 9:43 AM   #16

Interesting point Sarah. That may be a gender issue? My dexterity is not so hot. If anything a hair trigger button makes me uneasy. I expect it's technically possible to design a button with adjustable action. So that we poor users could set the profile for the button motion to our personal choice. Wouldn't that be a cool feature for a premium camera?

thumbs Kelly
Old Sep 22, 2008, 4:49 PM   #17

Once again ladies and gents, thanks for the input.
scabbard is offline   Reply With Quote