Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:05 AM   #1

Where are all the reviews for these cameras? I've been able to find sample pictures taken with the G10, But thats about it. Its been over a month now since I first read the press releases for these cameras and I'm still at a total loss as to which camera I should get. I've read on amazon.com that the G10 takes Grainy low-light images. I've read the GPS in the P6000 doesn't work to well. Both sell for about $500 but currently its easy to find the P6000 For $50-$60 less. Then again the G10 has more Physically adjustable settings(Wheels/Knobs) and 1.2 extra megapixels... What Camera Sucks?:lol:
yensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:40 AM   #2

Both cameras are too new to find good reviews on them yet. Another camera comparision that is getting more discussion is the Panasonic LX3 vs the Canon G10. The LX3 costs a little more than the Nikon P6000, and less than the G10. You may find some reviews on the LX3, but it is also quite new, so no reviews by those you expect.

Dennis
[Canon G9]
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:58 AM   #3

Does anyone know if either of these cameras have Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB)? I'm looking at the specs but I can't seem to find the answer.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:30 PM   #4

All three cameras (P6000, G10, LX3) offer auto bracketing, but the Canon model calls it auto exposure bracketing. They all can take three exposures at various exposure adjustments/values.

I Googled to find info on the P6000 and LX3, but looked in the user manual available on Canon's website for the G10 (it works the same as my G9).

You can download the G10 camera user guide here;

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...nloadDetailAct

Dennis
Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:49 AM   #5

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:41 PM   #6

You are welcome. Here's a first impressions review of the G10 on the TOP blogsite;

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...g10-revie.html

I would prefer to link you to a review by Steve's, but nothing available yet.

Dennis
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:08 PM   #7

Interesting little review. I find myself leaning more towards the G10 now after hearing the issues with the P6000's GPS being so slow. The G10 also has better battery life which is nice... Its still going to be Steve's review which really decides for me though.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:27 PM   #8

Hello.

First, sorry because my english is bad.

Well, talking about G10 I'm very dissapointed with the samples that I find in different reviews about this camera. I was waiting with a big ilusion that arrived to the market and wait months and months... and now I think that Canon it has wasted a tremendous opportunity since they had a lot of information of what professional people, amateur and initiate really wanted and Canon has paid remiss attention at most important that was to substitute the CCD sensor for one of more size or not to increase the megapixels so much or to install a CMOS. I only believe that survives the angular topic of the great one, LCD resolution and too much devices that manipulate the real image. All the pictures that I have seen, even in ISO 80, have a lot of noise. I find better the sample images of the G9. What it hurts, I have had four cameras followed Canon IXUS: Gold, II, 400 and 800 IS, now I must change the last one because it had a strong fall and the repair is almost worth more than the camera. I wanted to buy a magnificent Canon series G and I stopped to buy the G9 for the imminent appearance of the G10 but Canon forces me to change mark to be too superb and to wait that every year we buy a small novelty. No, I won't follow that game.

Then, Somebody can to tell me which the best camera is among these: Panasonic FZ28, Sigma DP1 or DP2 and Panasonic LX3? My pictures are a mix: landscapes, portraits, buildings, museums... and videos too. We go of everything. :?

Sergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2008, 8:31 AM   #9

Here is a review of the three higher end p&S digicams from Thom Hogan which goes into good detail about all three..the G10, P6000, and LX3.

http://www.bythom.com/compactchallenge.htm
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote