Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:51 PM   #1

Wrote the note a couple days ago but i do not see it on the bulletin board

I am 72 years old and had Camera since i was 8 years old Kodak Box Camera .I am little shaking with my hand would like to buy Camera that has good Marco i like to take picture that is macro but it has to be sharp. Macro at least has good optical zoom, Light, weight digital Camera i take my Grand children photo and nature also abstract used too with theregular SLR used to have Nikon 801 plus the Manuel Nikon plus Pentax mx i gave away all those to my Nephew . and replace it with a

Canon A710 this camera i take when i travel .Eats to many batteries ) also bought a Panasonic DMC FZ20 (Not satisfied ) i find that it is not sharp enough .

So i am asking You I want it sharp picture (ps i have still very good eyes ) only little shaking sometime with my hand ) the price range can go to $500.00 to ?????

You see i do not want to go to Salesman who is looking out for himself you know what i mean ????
who can help me to choose a camera to my satisfaction and needs.
Can you help ????????

your truly evelyne :idea:
evelyne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:37 PM   #2

What was wrong with the Panasonic FZ20?

In my opinion, the ultrazooms under $500 with the best picture quality are the Sony H50, the Panasonic FZ28 and the Canon SX10 IS. The Panasonic is the lightest, most comfortable camera of the three.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2008, 2:44 PM   #3

not enough pixel also i droped it and it is heavy .i find it is not sharp enough .thank you for responding i will look into the other cameras that you mention thanks again evelyne
evelyne65 is offline   Reply With Quote