Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:30 AM   #1

Hi

My dad has a Fuji FinePix 6900 and we want to get him a new camera for christmas. I was wondering which of the newest Fuji cameras are nearest in features to the 6900. Need a bit of help as know a bit about cameras but not this in depth.

Thanks in advance
becky33
becky33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Administrator

That's a tough call..

The Fuji model closest in features to the 6900 would probably be the S100FS. It's got a hotshoe for an external flash, a zoom ring on the lens and would be closer to the 6900 compared to models like the S1000FS or S2000FS.

But, the S100FS is a larger and heavier camera compared to the 6900 and he may not be comfortable with it's size and weight. If he doesn't care about using an external flash, you may want to consider the smaller and lighter S1000fd or S2000fd models instead (these have no hotshoe, less in the way of controls like a zoom ring on the lens, and not as many features as the larger model).

Here are links to Steve's hands on reviews of the S100FS and S1000fd. You'll see comments on image quality and more in the review conclusion sections (last page before the sample images in each model's review here).

Fujifilm FinePix S100FS

Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:30 AM   #3

Excellent, thank you for that JimC. I shall have a look at the reviews and let you know if i have anymore questions.

Thanks again
becky33
becky33 is offline   Reply With Quote