Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 26, 2008, 8:57 PM   #1

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum!

So, I'm in a predicament. I'm going on a trip in oh... a month? But I need help now. So I'm going on a trip to the Philippines soon and don't know which cam to bring. Both have their strength and weakness (ex: panasonic has a better field of view; sanyo has a screen that swivels, etc ).

So as I can't really bring both as in my opinion it'd be an overkill, which camera would YOU the great people of the forum suggest I bring? I"m leaning toward the Sanyo since it seems to be a greater item to bring since its waterproof, I can take pictures while shooting video, the screen swivels all the way so I can see myself while I document my trip and I don't need to bring a threefoot cable with a brick basically to connect it like with the panasonic because it comes with a travel charger, although the stabilization isn't that good (but I have steady hands so that isn't really much of a problem). Yet with the panasonic i like it since its weatherproof, i can drop it up to 4ft., the mic is below the lense so i don't need to talk as loud as I'd have too with the sanyo since the mic is on the swivel screen in front of the lcd screen (but the screen doesn't swivel so i can see myself if i'm out of view and what not, but the stabilization is just a little better than the Sanyo from my experiences.

So, please, people, should I Sanyo? OR should I Panasonic? That, is the question that is baffling me .__.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s.
Sorry if I made this so darn long! I didn't know I had a lot to say x]
squarenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:54 AM   #2

No comment on which camera, but I would strongly advise that you get it as soon as possible. It takes some time to figure out any new digicam so unless you want to spend your trip reading the manual, learn how to use it before you go. That will also give you time to figure out how much memory you need and if you need anything else to go with your new camera.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:59 PM   #3

Hey sorry for the late reply!! Been busy with exams at the Uni. but I actually do already own the cameras, I'm just stuck at which one to bring :/
Old Nov 3, 2008, 7:48 PM   #4

bump.

sorry but i just really need input guys, help a struggling member out please