Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:08 PM   #1

In general which is a better choice of the two??
haileyalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:41 PM   #2

hailey,

At first I thought you were asking about two new models that somehow slipped my notice...then I realized that they are so old I had forgotten about them.

I'm not sure why you are considering these two vintage cameras, but I hope you can buy them for next to nothing. They are both around 5 years old and long since discontinued. I don't believe either of them were very impressive when they were new. Steve reviewed both of them - check out what he has to say about them.

You are also asking us to compare an SLR-like cam to a compact...a little hard to do objectively.

I think you can probably do much better by considering a new model, with better quality, resolution and features.

What are you trying to photograph? What are your needs?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:27 PM   #3

I agree with Rinnie; if you are getting these cameras, I hope the price is very low or they are being given to you.

I would opt for theS3000 as I like the 6X optical zoom.

If I had $100, there are many other cameras I would get before either of these.

One current bargain to consider is the Canon A590, which is selling at Sears for $119.

If you want more helpful advice, you should answer Rinnie's questions - What are you taking pictures of in what kind of conditions?
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:49 PM   #4

Well i was going to pick up the Sony for $50 not sure if thats worth it or not i dont know much about camera..right now i own a Canon A430..its only to take pictures at home not for professional photography or anything.. I dont even know how old my camera is i just havent paid much attention to that sorta stuff, I just dont want to get a camera thats worse then what i have. Thanx
haileyalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:47 AM   #5

Well, I understand your desire to get an inexpensive camera. However, I can absolutely assure you that the A590 and other similar cameras will have much better pictures than what you have now.

Check out this webpage:

http://www.*******************/digital_camera_deals.php

There are lots of good deals on not so expensive cameras.

Good luck!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote