Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:42 PM   #1

Hello,

I'm going to get my first digital camera :?, and before make the purchase I surveyed the local market and found the CANON is almost non existent in Pakistan. Their is no official office and hence no service and support center. I would have loved to get Canon A470 but it no available.

The market is littered with Sony, Nikon and Olympus and Samsung is also making an entry.

For my budget I've narrowed 4 models, Nikon L18, Olympus FE 320, FE 310 and Samsung S760, but I'm unable to pick one of them.:?

Please help me to get the best possible camera from these three. Price is not the issue I can get anyone of them. I found good reviews of FE 320 and S760, but I'm tempted towards Nikon as well for its reputation as company.

So, any owner of any of these cameras, should give their advise to me. I really need it and I only have 12hrs to make the purchase otherwise I'll loose the opportunity.

I want a camera which is solid in performance and gives best and consistent results in most of the situations.

thanks a lot
imrankhan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:18 PM   #2

I haven't owned any of those. But just taking a look at the designs of those models, my preference would be the Olympus FE-320. "Deals" on such cameras are going to vary a whole lot from store to store, never mind country to country! But if it is any help, here in the USA we can find a Casio EX-Z9 or Panasonic LS80 for about the same price. Which would also be good to consider if they are available where you are.

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:56 PM   #3

Quote:
but I'm tempted towards Nikon as well for its reputation as company.
The Nikon L18 is not one of Nikon's best, by a long shot. It's slow and the picture quality isn't that good.

The Samsung S760 is a far better camera.
http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/sam...gimax-s760.cfm

AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:48 AM   #4

AndyfromVA wrote:
Quote:
The Nikon L18 is not one of Nikon's best, by a long shot. It's slow and the picture quality isn't that good.

The Samsung S760 is a far better camera.
http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/sam...gimax-s760.cfm
Yes I've read that review. And in fact I just brought SAMSUNG S760 camera, with 1GB card and a set of Camelion 2100mAh. I was going for Olympus FE-320, but i'm really satisfied with some of the shots I've taken with S760. Its was dark and overcast but it has produced nice looking pictures. For daylight and outdoor shots I'll make a trip to a hill station pretty soon.:-)

Oh.. Thanks everybody who took their time out to write something for me.
imrankhan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote