Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 18, 2008, 11:18 PM   #1

I have a SONY W50 and a Canon S3 IS. The sony takes crap pictures. Even outside more than half are blurry. The canon take much better pictures, but I hate taking it when I go mountain biking or hiking and it's heavier to carry hiking.

I take mostly landscape and family pictures, but I have an interest in improving my photography skills. I am willing to spend a little bit of money to get a good camera. I'm looking at the Canon G9, G10 and the Nikon p6000. I also liked the Canon 110IS, but am not sure if it's what I want.

I have read all the hype and features on the G9 and G10 and have read the reviews. Now I know that the G10 is coming out on top in most reviews, but I'm wondering if I will even be advanced enough to know the difference. I am not a professional and this won't be a backup camera. I store photos on flickr, make photo albums, and would like to have nice enough photos to print and hang in my home, but that's about it. I like the idea of using RAW, but don't know how realistic it will be for me.

What would you recomend? I'd like something that can take better pictures than my S3 IS, and step out of the super-zoom category and find something to take better overall pictures.

Given what I do, would I even notice the differences between the Nikon p6000 and the Canon G10?
dianaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2008, 11:41 PM   #2

What about the Canon SD880is? Small, very good picture quality, wide angle, 4x optical zoom, 3 inch LCD.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:16 AM   #3

Diana-

Both the Panasonic FZ-28 and the H-50 are highly regarded cameras and Steve has done reviews on both.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:07 PM   #4

I know both the panasonic FZ28 and H50 are good cameras, but I'm looking to give up the zoom in place of something that has 4-6x zoom and is a little smaller and lighter.
dianaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:06 AM   #5

Diana-

Based on your reply: the Canon G-10, the A-650and the Panasonic LX-3 and FS 5areall possible choices.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote