Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:09 PM   #11

I ordered the Nikon D90 and it was delivered yesterday. I wish I would have hadit yesterday morning with all of the snow that fell in my hometown of Baton Rouge. Quite a pretty scene. It came with the 18-105 mm DX lense. I would like to go and purchase another lense and would like some suggestions. I would like to get a wide angle? Can you recommend a good wide angle and is it it possible to get a good wide angle in the $500 range? Very excited and eager to get started. Also would like to hear about other lenses people are getting good use with and are enjoying with their cameras.
brphoto18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:27 PM   #12

If you want a good wide angle, look at the Sigma 10-20. Very sharp, great color, lightweight, quick to focus. Obviously there will be some distortion (as there is with any super wide angle), but unless you're shooting brick walls it's not a big deal. I've had this lens for about a year, and it's what stays on my D80.

Tokina also makes a wide angle (11-18 ), which many seem to prefer over the Sigma. I chose the Sigma because of the wider range.

rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 9:30 PM   #13

Well I visited the local camera store and Sigma was not available. I purchased the Promaster AF 11-18mm as well as Promaster 7500 EDF Digital flash. Just looking for a telephoto lense and should have a prettygood set-up. Took a bunch of pictures at work today with the wide angle lense and was very pleased. Really excited about this new hobby. Will wear the kids out with pictures tomorrow.
brphoto18 is offline   Reply With Quote