Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:51 PM   #11

Joy-

Here is a flash photo from the Z-1012.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:53 PM   #12

Joy-

Here is a close-up photo taken out of doors with the Z-1012.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:56 PM   #13

Joy-

Last one! This is a sunset taken with one of thevery easy to use Scene Modes available on the Z-1012. The FZ-28 also has Scene Modes.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:33 AM   #14

Thanks Sarah,
I have decided on TZ-4/5. One last thing, apart from video, is there any image quality difference between the two in all circumstances.

Thanks & Regards

Joy

P.S. Nice Photos.
JoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:03 AM   #15

Hi Joy-

No there is no difference at all between Panasonic's TZ-4 and TZ-5 photographically. The only difference is that the TZ-4 has no video and the TZ-5 has video. Keep in mind that there is also the TZ-50 as well, which is nothing more that a TZ-5 with GPS capability.

Happy Holidays and Good Luck with your purchase. Have Fun!

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:07 AM   #16

Sarah,
Just purchased TZ-5. Here in India, it is TZ-15 but cost much more here (approx. $320). Anyway, over shoot my budget for a good camera. Hope, it will live up to its reputation. Any special tips, you would like to give me for better photography.

Many many THANKS for your kind help. Never expected this kind of thorough input from this forum. You have made my life simpler. God bless you.

Will try to upload some photos soon and get your feedback.

Wish you a very Happy Holidays ahead.

Thanks & Regards

Joy
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:38 AM   #17

Joy-

Many congratulations on your new Panasonic TZ-5 camera. I know that you will enjoy it a lot. The Holidays are always a perfect time for a new camera, it just seems to dovetail well with the joy and excitment.

I am taking 4 extra cameras with me to our family gathering for Christmas. That way everyone has a chance if they desire to snap a few photos.

Please post your photos within the 18 days or so, Joy, as my husband and I head out again on 13 January to begin teaching again. I am glad that we were able to assist you. All the best!

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:03 PM   #18

Sarah,
Thanks once again for your prompt & perfect feedback. I am now charging the the battery. I have seen lots of post of you & they are exceptional. Frankly, I never expected that you personally will reply to my query. And what a reply, to the point, precise & with samples, Great. I am really grateful to you.

Any special tips for better photography & loopholes to be avoided will be highly appreciated.

As told before, I am a novice and has to learn a lot (as this is my first digital camera) but I will definitely try to upload some photos before you leave and get some honest feedback from you.

Thanks & Regards

Joy

P.S. One more thing, FZ-28 is not officially available in India yet, how is FZ-18 ? (just for curiosity).
Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:05 PM   #19

Joy-

The Panasonic FZ-18 was the camera that preceeded the FZ-28. The biggest difference between the two cameras is what in camera processor each uses. The FZ-18 was introduced in 2007 and it used the older Venus 3 processor. The FZ-28 was introduced in 2008 and it uses the brand new Venus 4 processor. That processor difference is what turned the FZ-28 in to a very good low light level camera.

As to learning more about your camera: Here in the USA we have many local Community Colleges. Almost every Community College here in the USA has some digital camera courses that they offer each semester. Now, I am being very positive, Joy, and am hoping that something like the USA's Community College system might be available in India, as that would be a really excellent source for learning more about photography in general and your TZ-5 in particular. I teach for our local Community College as well as our state university.

Happy Holidays!

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:41 PM   #20

Help Sarah,
I am getting a reddish kind of picture in IA mode. In other modes (like night & sports) it is giving a much better results. I bought my camera urgently for my 4 year son's first stage performance. Video is excellent. But since I do not have have enough time for experimenting, I am not getting my optimal results. Pls Pls help me out. In IA mode,I am not at all satisfied. It takes much better pictures in other modes. Is it a camera problem or my fault ?

Pls help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Joy