Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:21 PM   #21

I've been compareing the photos between the tz5 and the fz 28. I am kind of baffled because the color is better on the photo's taken by the tz5. Specifically, the museum pictures. Also, the tz5military picture of the canon shows the canon better. Why is this?

TZ50 sample photos http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/panasonic_tz50_samples.html

FZ28 sample photos http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/panasonic_fz28_samples.html
dman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:20 AM   #22

Different time of the year, different time of the day, different angle of the sun, different weather conditions - there's no way you can compare those two cameras by looking at those photos...assuming that's what you're trying to do.

Go here:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

Plug in the two cameras you're trying to compare..*****oll down and select the same subject, taken under identical conditions. That's a better comparision. I like the Still-life ISO series...try comparing these cameras at ISO 800 and 1600. If you're concerned with low light/high ISO performance, plug in the Fuji F100 and compare it against the Pannys.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:06 PM   #23

After viewing those pics. in comparison with the TZ5(and some other pics) from the link you gave me, the FZ28 is definatelly lacking in color. I read one review on it where you can adjust the contrast on it and sharpness on it. I wonder what the setting was when all the sample photos were taken.

In the background with the maniqan at the table, the wallpaper has an orange tone with the FZ28. When compareding this pic with all other cameras(TZ5, CANAN EOS 50, and some others) the wallpaper has a silver tone. Why is it only the FZ28 the wallpaper has an orange tone?

Is the FZ28 contrast and sharping adjustments just low, med, hi or can it be fine tuned?

Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:09 AM   #24

You weren't using the Still-life series like I suggested, were you?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:56 PM   #25

Looking at the still life series, it does look quit close to...for instance...cannon s10. But, what is the diff. between the still life shot and the maniquan shot?
they are both still and same enviroment.

I have been compareing the Canon SX10IS with the FZ28. I notice the SX10IS has more color saturation. In alot of instances that is good, in some it's not.

1) What is the consequence of using an editor to lessen contrast on a pic?

2) What is the consequence of using an editor to increase contrast on a pic?

Basically, it seems that these cameras just have thier own process/photo editing software inside the camera, so it's hard to tell which camera is better since each camera's photo editing software(sharpness, color) is tuned diff. For instance, the SX101S pics are sharper but the FZ28 has a sharpness adjustment on it. Can I adjust the FZ28 to have sharp detail like the SX101S and not have any consequences? If I was just looking at the lens, which is better quality...the Canon SX101S or the FZ28?