Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:15 PM   #1

Hi, I currently have an old Canon A20 and My wife has a cannon A530. She bought me a Canon A2000is for christmas which we returned today as it did not have photo stitch or a view finder which both of our camera's have and I use this feature a lot, not to mention that it is now $70.00 cheaper than what she paid for it. Now I know that you can manually stitch together pictures but the stitch assist just does such a good job quickly.

I have had Canon camera's for 20 years and have been very pleased so I would prefer to stay within the Canon line. Budget is $250. I am basically a point and shoot and usually use the old A20 as I work in the bush a lot with it. Most of my pictures I only store at 1600 x 1200 which is fine for most of my stuff.

The AA batteries are also a must as we have found these to be so convenient to use and simple to find all over the world without having to worry about having a charger adapter.

I think that I would have been happy with an A720 which had the stitch assist but these are no longer around.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.
MikeInParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:32 PM   #2

But, Mike-

The Canon A-720, a fine camera,is now longer manufactured and it is no longer available from any dealer, anywhere. I will begin researching which Canon cameras had stich assist, and I will get back to you.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:59 PM   #3

Mike-

The only Canon cameras that I have determined had the stitch assist feature were the A-70 and the A-530. After those two cameras it seems to have been dropped. It is not on the A-590, the A-1000, or the A-2000 cameras.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:54 PM   #4

Sarah: Thanks for the replies and your efforts.

Kinda what I could find as well.

Oh well, I think what I am going to do is pickup a Canon without stitch assist and then I will just start using the A530 myself as my better half never uses the Stitch Assist.

Too Bad that they took way this usefull feature.
MikeInParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:10 PM   #5

Get which ever camera you want, and then get a good photo stitching software like PTGui.

http://www.ptgui.com/

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:07 PM   #6

the a530 is a nice camera. Your wife will like it.

JessR is offline   Reply With Quote