Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:52 PM   #21

I would strongly recommend against buying the Sasmung L310W. I had it just a week ago and i have to say that the pictures it took were rubbish. And I would go against Samsung Camera's in general.

Vamos
vamos124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 2:06 PM   #22

Since this camera was a present for my wife I broke down and asked her if it needed to be an ultracompact. She said "no". So is the Sony H-10 the best compact camera for image clarity, lack of grain, and can take good pictures at lower light settings without blurring or grain?

Aside from the $3000-6000 cameras it looks like most of the cameras I am seeing at full size have grain on the main site here.

Thanks as always.

matt2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:13 PM   #23

Matt2009-

There are two very important components to each good photo: The photographer and the camera. They each make a both measurable and equal contribution.

I have run a thread on the Sony H-10 camera for the last six days, showing a representative photo each day and telling how the photo was taken. That thread has had 225 views but not one single posting other than those done by me. You might want to take a look at that thread, as I will leave tomorrow on a 6 month long contract once again teaching digital cameras on cruise ships around the world. I will not return until late in June 2009.

I will add one more photo to that Sony H-10 thread, just for you, Matt 2009. It is a no flash/existing light photo taken in the Lisbon, Portugal central train station. It was taken at ISO 1600 and even the walking action of passengers moving quickly to catch their train is stopped. You take a look at that photo and the rest of the photos of that H-10 thread, then you make up your mind.

And another plus of the H-10 that we have not even discussed in this thread is the H-10's excellent flash range. I also explain that in the H-10 thread. There is a lot of bang for the buck in the Sony H-10 camera.

But please take a look at those photos in the H-10 thread and then make your own decision. Thanks!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:28 PM   #24

Sarah,

I just thought I'd let you know (I know you're going to be away and all but I might still catch you), I picked up the Sony H-10 mainly on what I saw you doing with it. So far, I'm very pleased. It is a little larger but definitely not as bulky as what I had (or how big I thought it was going to be). The optical zoom, long flash, and picture quality blow any of the ultracompacts away.

matt2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:30 AM   #25

Thanks, Matt2009-

That is what I have been attempting to tell everyone who might listen.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote