Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:13 PM   #1

Do Not Buy from
Broadway Photo LLC. Brooklyn, NY
I purchased a Sony DSC T100 there in Nov., 2007. The salesman sold me a 5 yr. extended warranty. He specifically stated that it would cover "ANY" damage. He said if I dropped the camera and accidentally stepped on it, "IT WILL BE COVERED." He even said it would be covered if it fell out of my pocket and into the toilet.

Low and behold, Christmas Eve. 2008 my daughter puts the camera on the edge of the kitchen table and it gets knocked onto the tile floor. It still works, but the case is damaged and there are two pieces of the case molding that are now hanging off. I pulled out the warranty information from the extended warranty company, (Repair Tech) and called the 800 number. It referred me to a southern NJ exchange (908.) I called that number numerous times, and it rings 2 or 3 times and then you get disconnected. I called the thieves at Broadway Photo LLC, located at 337 East 89th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11236 and was informed that accidental damage is NEVER covered. The man I spoke to in 2007 was very explicit about what would be covered (basically everything) except intentional damage. Trust me, I didn't throw the camera onto the floor.

These people are disreputable, and I strongly recommend that no one purchase anything from them.
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:23 PM   #2

See resellerratings.com listing at http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1988.html

TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:01 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. Had I known about that website, I would have never purchased anything from those unscrupulous slobs.
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote