Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:21 PM   #21

Eric, I agree with you that the SP-560 can produce some very nice images. It was just because the OP seemed to care a lot about burst mode that I mentioned my impression of super fast burst mode shots from the 560. OK for a coach critiquing an athlete's performance? Definitely. But I wouldn't be making many 8" X 10" prints from them.

If someone wants a really fast burst mode, they should look at the Casio FH-20. It is not cheap but it is super fast.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:45 PM   #22

Yep, and I agree with you Robbo, certain cameras perform better with certain functions. I'm thinking about going to a dslr for better IQ and ISO abilities but the trade off is zoom capabilities unless you don't mind carrying around a 3 foot lense with you : )
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2009, 6:33 AM   #23

Hey guys... thanks a ton for all your help. i finally decided to buy the Panasonic DMC-FZ28. I ordered it 2 weeks back... but there is a problem with the supply and its not come yet. i just wanted to know if this camera can support a memory card of over 4GB... I read somewhere 4 GB is its limit.
deepthought420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2009, 9:14 AM   #24

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sure it will do very well. As far as the memory card bring up the fz28 site and it will give you all the details. I wouldn't be to concerned about having more than 4gigs unless you plan on long movies. 4 gigs will wear out your batteries taking a ton of pictures and after downloading you erase and start over. I only have a 2gig card and I have never come close to filling it up in one outing.
Eric
Old Feb 7, 2009, 7:53 PM   #25

The FZ28 will also allow you to capture images in RAW format. If you take a lot of RAW images, or even the combo of RAW + JPEG, then your 4GB card will fill faster. It will still allow a lot of images, so you should be okay sticking with the 4GB card. I use a 4GB card in my Canon G9, and when I store RAW images it still takes plenty to fill it.

If you think you may want more storage, then you should consider a second 4GB card, given today's prices. If you have all your eggs in one big basket, then you invite losing more precious photos. SD cards are not infallible.

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:37 AM   #26

Point noted friends... and i haven't yet got my cam. its still yet to come... and i'm getting pretty impatient now... :roll:
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:35 AM   #27

after a long wait... finally, my camera arrived... as of today... I am a proud owner of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28...

Thank you Steve's Digicams... :| :-) :?

Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:17 AM   #28

Congratulations, I hope to see some pics posted in the near future
Eric
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:25 AM   #29

your best best is the canon sx 10 is ive done the research you have 80x zoom 10.1 megapixles
tborton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 8:30 AM   #30

now if some one can help me i greatly appreciate it am i doing wrong by purchasing the sony A350 please let me know
tborton is offline   Reply With Quote