Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 24, 2009, 1:45 AM   #1

I am trying to decide between the FZ28 and SX10. I prefer the FZ28 because of the battery and less bulky. But one thing I can not get over is how good the SX10 is at captureing detail.

Is it possible with skill to make the FZ28 capture detail as good as the SX10 or is the hardware the liimiting factor?
dman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:53 AM   #2

You can compare side-by-side test images for each camera on the Comparometer;

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

I think the SX10 images look better. But, a more important factor for me would be the articulating LCD of the SX10, and the hotshoe. You will find adding an external flash will open many more doors to improved images, especially with a point and shoot camera.

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 1:17 PM   #3

dman777 wrote:
Quote:
I am trying to decide between the FZ28 and SX10. I prefer the FZ28 because of the battery and less bulky. But one thing I can not get over is how good the SX10 is at captureing detail.

Is it possible with skill to make the FZ28 capture detail as good as the SX10 or is the hardware the liimiting factor?
I think the best ultimate detail ispossible with the FZ28 if you can figure out how to get the best out of a RAW file, which the Canon does not offer. In a straight JPEG shootout, which is all most test sites will show you, the Canon folks have their JPEG engine downpat and it'll better most other companies models, including Panasonic, but the differences are not nearly what they used to be.

If it were going to be my only camera, the hot shoe alone would sway me to the Canon.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote