Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:14 AM   #1

I decided to take the plunge and order the FZ28. Crazy, all the places that have it for $300.00 that have a good reputation are sold out.

dman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:45 AM   #2

Well, it looks like perhaps you waited a little too long. However, Abe's of Maine has it for $310 shipped. Their customer ratings are not bad. You have to use a discount code to get it for $310. Check out Pricegrabber.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:54 AM   #3

ya, i saw that. the only problem is that they only have a 48 hour return policy. for me, that's not enough time for me to decide if the camera is right for me.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:50 AM   #4

The FZ28 is sold out not just because it's generally popular, but because it just did really well in DPReview's comparison test. Every time something like that happens, a given camera either gets sold out or the price jumps for a while.

Amazon.com has it for $293.41 with free shipping... but they say you might have to wait 2-4 weeks for the camera to ship. I'm sure you'll survive. Click on this link and if the price I quoted isn't right there at the top, look over to the right-hand side of the screen under "More Buying Choices." I've been doing business with Amazon.com for years and have never had a problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-...800&sr=8-1

Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:15 PM   #5

http://www.lozeau.com/Product.aspx?n...&lang_id=E

hehe...it's like $450.00.

Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:03 PM   #6

Biro wrote:
Quote:
The FZ28 is sold out not just because it's generally popular, but because it just did really well in DPReview's comparison test. Every time something like that happens, a given camera either gets sold out or the price jumps for a while.

Amazon.com has it for $293.41 with free shipping... but they say you might have to wait 2-4 weeks for the camera to ship. I'm sure you'll survive. Click on this link and if the price I quoted isn't right there at the top, look over to the right-hand side of the screen under "More Buying Choices." I've been doing business with Amazon.com for years and have never had a problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-...800&sr=8-1

The vendor is NOT Amazon. It is a 3rd party selling THROUGH Amazon. Big difference.

The vendor claims

" BuyNow is a state of the art fulfillment company that has processed over 70,000 orders a day for some of the greatest etailers on the planet. "

BUT I can not find a company named "BuyNow" as the primary business name or an dba.

Makes one wonder what kind of scum the company may or may not be.

StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:32 PM   #7

StevieDgpt... you looked for too short a time and drew a conclusion too quickly. Go back to the page and look again. Follow my instructions. Look to the right under "More Buying Choices." You CANbuy this camera directly from Amazon for $293.41 with free shipping, but you'll have to wait 2-4 weeks. The featured seller at the top of the page changes constantly. Sometimes it's Amazon and sometimes it's not, depending on price and circumstances.

What's good about buying from Amazon - even if you buy from an outside vendor via their Web page - is that Amazon still protects you in terms of returns and refunds. But the option I'm talking about onthe right side ofthe page is directly from Amazon. My advice would be to click on thatoptionand wait to 2-4 weeks.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:44 PM   #8

B&H shows this model in silver available for $298 with a 14 day return policy.
THEBEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:15 PM   #9

Biro wrote:
Quote:
StevieDgpt... you looked for too short a time and drew a conclusion too quickly. Go back to the page and look again. Follow my instructions. Look to the right under "More Buying Choices." You CANbuy this camera directly from Amazon for $293.41 with free shipping, but you'll have to wait 2-4 weeks. The featured seller at the top of the page changes constantly. Sometimes it's Amazon and sometimes it's not, depending on price and circumstances.

What's good about buying from Amazon - even if you buy from an outside vendor via their Web page - is that Amazon still protects you in terms of returns and refunds. But the option I'm talking about onthe right side ofthe page is directly from Amazon. My advice would be to click on thatoptionand wait to 2-4 weeks.
Just a suggestion,link the appropriate Amazon page and not a 3rd party selling through Amazon. Way too many people get Amazon and 3rd parties confused and will assume you are referencing Amazon.

BTW,Amazon's policies are not strong enough to protectconsumers from scamming 3rd parties selling through Amazon. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:20 PM   #10

THEBEECEE wrote:
Quote:
B&H shows this model in silver available for $298 with a 14 day return policy.
And we all know B&H