Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:57 PM   #1

I think I have narrowed the choices down to these three. This is a camera for my wife. She is mainly interested in a good quality camera that will take all kinds of pictures. She wants it to be fairly compact to go in her purse. Any opionions on these or others. I have found all three on sale in town ranging from $179-$229.
jchav74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:01 PM   #2

I would personally prefer the Canon but im still a little bit of a newb when it comes to cameras
mariners2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:31 PM   #3

Originally, I was leaning towards the Canon's myself. But for some reason when my wife has looked at cameras she always gravitates towards the Sony's. I am not sure if it is strictly look or what. She does not concern herself with too much of the tech side of the cameras, I just want to make sure the camera is capable and is to her liking style-wise.
jchav74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:17 PM   #4

jchav74 wrote:
Quote:
Originally, I was leaning towards the Canon's myself. But for some reason when my wife has looked at cameras she always gravitates towards the Sony's. I am not sure if it is strictly look or what. She does not concern herself with too much of the tech side of the cameras, I just want to make sure the camera is capable and is to her liking style-wise.
I also think the Canon SD880is is the best of the three but it's not very stylish. The Sony W170's a good camera and it also looks good, especially the one with the deep red color. The T77 is a very cool looking camera, and is also pretty good at taking photos. Any of the three would take good snapshots but it sounds like your wife has her mind set on the Sony's. Your choice is clear, isn't it.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:58 PM   #5

Quote:
will take all kinds of pictures
I agree with Andy that all three are good. But for a wide range of situations I'd say the Sony W170 has an edge.

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote