Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 19, 2009, 5:26 PM   #1

I have been reading reviews till I'm blue in the face :blah:my last 4 cameras were Canons and really never new Panasonic made a digital? I was thinking about the new Sx 200IS but what I have read so far I'm not that impressed especially for that price.

The only other consideration would be the Panasonic TZ7 but its not out and I have not really read much about it so far........

One more question about the Panasonic's I see that the movies are .MOV format and I have always been used to AVI. I 'm not a big fan of quicktime. Do the Panasonics come with software to convert the MOV to AVI? Or would anyone know if my Nero 9 would be able to convert to the AVI format.

TIA,

John
escorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:44 AM   #2

That is sort of the direction I was thinking about going. I do have a few questions though. I read somewhere that there was a firmware update for the TZ5 that would fix the autofocus issues when in Movie mode? Have you tried the update and how did it work?

My next question would be a issue that I had with my Canon A710 IS, when making a movie in a quiet area the microphone would pick up noise from the IS motors running and it sounded like spaceships when the movie was played back?

Any issues with the TZ5 like that?

Also have been following the DMC TZ7 / ZS3 and was wondering if I would be better off waiting for that to be released?

As with any of the Panasonics I see that they use .MOV files which I never use, I really do not like anything Apple. Do the Panasonics come with any software to convert the .Mov files to .AVI ?

Thanks,

John

Yves Gaudet wrote:
Quote:
I really think the Panasonic TZ5 is a better camera, the buit, the focusing speed, it has a wide angle, ...

I'd go with TZ5: http://www.lozeau.com/Product.aspx?n...&lang_id=E

SX110is: http://www.lozeau.com/Product.aspx?n...&lang_id=E
escorial is offline   Reply With Quote