Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:09 PM   #1

Hi, I have been researching digital cameras for quite a while now. Right now I have a Sony H50 and I really want a camera that takes really sharp pictures and also records HD video. I am going to travel soon and don't want to carry both a camera and a HD camcorder. I want something that has both. To get what I want I'll probably have to get both.

Here are the cameras I was thinking about.

Canon SX1 - I really loved the videos taken with this cameras but didn't like the pictures so much.

Sony HX1 - I haven't seen enough pictures to know how I feel about it. I've seen videos and they look amazing if you keep the camera still but when you pan to the sides I don't like how it looks.

Canon 500D - I really haven't seen much since it's not out yet. I really want a DSLR for the pictures but I don't know how the video is on this camera. I need to see more samples.

Panasonic GH1 - This camera sounds like the winner but if it's 1,500 dollars that's too much for me right now. I would really like it.

I am thinking about spending up to 900 dollars.

If I only get a HD camcorder which one would you recommend? Which one has amazing video quality?
memzinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:07 PM   #2

Ok. So I think I will buy an Olympus E-450 or E-520. Now I am looking for a cheap (200 - 250) HD video camera. Which one do you recommend? I was thinking about the aiptek GVS.
memzinla is offline   Reply With Quote