Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:05 AM   #1

Hi guys

i am looking for a new compact camera for self use. i already own a sony cybershot DSC T10 but am not happy with its perfromance. Whilst the sony does a decent job outdoors, its performance is very poor in low light conditions. i appreciate that it is difficult to get top performance with compact cams in low light, but i am sure you guys can recommend something which meets my expectations. my criteria for selection are:

1. ease of use - point and shoot

2. compact size

3. superior low light performance

4. excellent normal light performance

I will be using this cam mainly for self use - for family pics, outings, travelling etc.

price not really a constraint although i burned my hands with the sony paying top dollar for something which did not perform. at the same time, i am happy to spend a few more dollars to get something which will last me a few years and not get obsolete. a list of top 4-5 options would be highly appreciated.

lastly, i faced a peculiar problem with the sony. although it worked fine, whilst using it with a self timer under nornal outdoor conditions, the pics came out "whitewashed" - not all the time but probably 7 out of 10 times. we werent out in the sun either. indoors it worked fine. any ideas what caused this?

many thanks to all in advance.

Cheers

Rahul

rahulanand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:25 AM   #2

hi

forgot to add that looks and contemporary technology are imp factors as well. looking forward to some replies to help me make the purchase.

cheers

Rahul

rahulanand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:33 PM   #3

The latest technology is the Fujifilm F200EXR. Sorry to say, it is not the latest in "looks".

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/fu...200exr_pr.html

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:11 AM   #4
Banned

well it is common problem of the Sony cybershot holders.

Last edited by michalwrigh; Jun 14, 2010 at 8:14 AM.
michalwrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:12 AM   #5
Banned

I think the Nikon P90 is perfect for you because I have bought this recently & its performance is fantastic & its worthy. I hope it will be useful for you.

***** provides Best SEO company Services. Our top SEO consultant expert in website SEO marketing and give you top 10 SEO ranking on your keywords.

Last edited by michalwrigh; Jun 14, 2010 at 8:14 AM.
michalwrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:28 AM   #6

Rahul-

Welcome to the Forum. We're please that you dropped by.

To get the performance that you desire take a good look at either the Canon G-11 or the S-90 is you want a smaller size camera. Both cameras use a 10mp, 1/1.7 imager, that is larger than one finds in most compact cameras, and the have good high ISO capability.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Administrator

michalwrigh:

We are not pleased that you dropped by the forums, and you are not welcome here.

We do not like Spam (attempting to use our forums for commercial purposes by promoting a company, product or services), and you are now banned from posting here.

All links to the company you're trying to promote are now being filtered by our forums software, regardless of the member posting them (even if they're a satisfied customer).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:58 PM   #8

rahulanand01,

How compact do you want? If you want pocket size and don't need the zoom, then the Canon S90 or Panasonic LX3 would be my 1st recommendation. If you need the zoom, then I would look into the Fuji EXR series, which have a bit of a learning curve but are otherwise good cams. If you go up in size (small bag rather than pocket), then look at the Panasonic FZ35.