Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 31, 2009, 1:03 PM   #1

Default Olympus Stylus Tough-6000, 8000 or Panasonic DMC-TS1?

I've read lots of reviews and am still unable to narrow it down between these 3 cameras.

A depth of only 10 ft is fine with me - just as long as it is waterproof.
Of course I want the overall best of the 3 when it comes to picture quality, video quality, etc.

I have a Canon Digital Rebel so this would be my camera for when I don't want to carry the Rebel. I will also carry this camera in purse so it is always with me. Not only would it be an everyday camera, but I'd use it on vacations which generally include water activities. I snorkle and would probably never go behind 10 ft...I pretty much stay at the surface.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Kellyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2009, 2:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyann View Post
I've read lots of reviews and am still unable to narrow it down between these 3 cameras.

A depth of only 10 ft is fine with me - just as long as it is waterproof.
Of course I want the overall best of the 3 when it comes to picture quality, video quality, etc.

I have a Canon Digital Rebel so this would be my camera for when I don't want to carry the Rebel. I will also carry this camera in purse so it is always with me. Not only would it be an everyday camera, but I'd use it on vacations which generally include water activities. I snorkle and would probably never go behind 10 ft...I pretty much stay at the surface.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Between those three definitely Panasonic! IQ of Tough 8000 is so so poor and of Tough 6000 is just a little better. IQ and specially video quality (AVCHD) of Panasonic is so much higher. Maybe you should check also for Canon D10 performances as I did, but at the end I finished with DMC-FT1 (TS1).
primus is offline   Reply With Quote