Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:20 AM   #11

Sarah,

Well actually, I haven't purchased it yet. But, I'm highly likely to. I was told there was plenty of stock, not that I was looking at the last one, and the camera shop seemed rather slow (as I expect are most retail camera shops, compared to Best Buy, WalMart, etc.).
aaroncgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 2:48 AM   #12

I still have a hard time believing that the FZ28 has been discontinued. Perhaps the demand has superseded Panasonic's supply. I've been chasing the LX3 for months now and it's almost impossible to find one unless you pay an arm and a leg for it. A little less than a year ago (around Oct/Nov last year), the LX3 was available everywhere for about $400 with cashback from Live.com. In fact, there was a 30% cash back if buying from eBay (I totally missed the boat). Then, prices went up and up and the camera disappeared from stores. There has been no replacement for yet yet, so what is the deal? Who knows!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:03 AM   #13

The bottom line is that today you do not have a great deal of choice. Inventory is pretty exact in this computer age. When the inventory is gone, be it the Panasonic FZ-28 or the LZ-3, it is gone, Tullio.

I searched for a FZ-28 today for a good friend, but didn't find a single one. It is sad to say, but it has become a fact of life.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:26 PM   #14

Well, I finally bought the FZ28, yes, even after the announcement for the FZ35/38! I was concerned that the camera store might not have it still, what with the supplies disappearing so fast, and all the talk about Ritzcamera closing a bunch of stores. Turns out I had nothing to fear, the shop still had plenty of FZ28.

I read as much as I could about the new camera in the short time I had today, and just couldn't find anything I can't live without - and I have lots of trips planned that I would like to photograph before September, including one this weekend. I wish the battery had been charged out of the box though - there were some wicked enormous thunderclouds just behind the store as I came out.

I look forward to many happy years with the FZ28! Sure, it's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but better to spend a little more and get exactly the product you want, then spend half as much and ever be left unsatisfied.
aaroncgi is offline   Reply With Quote