Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:24 PM   #1

Default A few queries about Panasonic Lumix ZS3/TZ7.. Owners please help!

Hi there,

I am planning to buy the ZS3/TZ7 next week and I had a few queries if some of the owners please help me with.

1. I have read ZS3/TZ7 is pretty bad indoors at many sites. Is it really that bad? I plan to do quite a lot of indoor shots with our new baby on the way, so is that going to be a problem?

2. Does the ZS3/TZ7 have a dust problem? I have heard that dust gets into ZS3/TZ7 lens? Is it really so? I really don't want to spend a whole lot of cash and then get dust in the lens. Does the warranty cover such problems?

3. Does the ZS3/TZ7 automatically go into baby mode, if it's pointed towards the baby with face recognition enabled? Does the flash then work at lower intensity?

4. If you guys do recommend the Panasonic Cameras, which color should I take? Black , Silver? Does the black paint chip off or get worn out? Is silver any better?

Last not but the least, I am making the right choice?

Thanks,

Josh
dpxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:08 AM   #2

Josh-

It is true that the Zs3 is not very able inside or with flash. I have have had no dust problems, and no, the camera will not automatically place itself into the Baby mode. The camera does very well out of doors.

Baby's eyes are sensitive to a camera's flash. This might be the time to look at the Fuji cameras that are more able when set to higher ISO settings.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:41 AM   #3

I don't have the ZS3 but the FZ28 in iA mode does do mode recognition. I've experimented with it and saw the little icon on the LCD changing from Landscape to Architecture to Portrait as I pointed the camera to these subjects. I did not try to photograph any baby so I don't know whether it would recognize it or not but it is certainly possible that it would. Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to test it.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:59 AM   #4

The competitor to the ZS3 will reach the dealer shelves in less than 14 days-

It is the Fuji F-70 camera with 10X optical zoom (27mm to 270mm), IS, and it has a high ISO setting capability up to ISO 1600 with the photos looking rather impressive, so that would allow indoor photos without flash that might be better for that very young baby.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:49 PM   #5

Default Dust

I have a ZS3 and have dust in the lens. I know this post is old but I came across it while trying to solve my problem and thought I would share in case someone else comes across this searching for a way to get the dust out.

I have no yet found a solution. If anyone has a solution please let me know
Tintamar5678 is offline   Reply With Quote