Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:07 PM   #1

Default olympus 9000

Good day all, I just signed up here. Why? LOL, because in reading all the reviews and the threads in this section, I haven't seen anything on the Olympus stylus 9000.

I would also like to say that the comments to many here about which camera to buy, are very good and attracted me to register

I am trying the 9000, and have previously used the C-750. And I 'think' the 750 took better photos (how do you really tell unless photos are of the same sunject).

My wifes Fuji S20 basically crashed, and so we are without a camera. The 750 belonged to work and is not available anymore, and we are looking for a camera that takes good scenic photos while we are on horse back.

decisions and decisions.....
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:08 PM   #2

littlejohn-

Welcome to the Forum.

The Olympus Stylus 9000 looks very good on paper, the specifications are quite attractive. However, most user complain that their photo right out of the camera look flat. Thus they end of post processing the photos to get them to where the phaots appear as expected. And that, my friend, is not just one or two folks, but a good baker's dozen.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:08 PM   #3

Interesting description...flat...and yes it does describe what I am experiencing...the wow factor is missing in the pixs...why is that??

thanks...BTW
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:53 AM   #4

littlejohn-

The resulting photo, or the finished image quality, from any camera is a direct product of the image processor used in that particular camera and how that image processor is programed.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote