Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:24 PM   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
No, not really, I am new to digital and to good photography and there is a lot to learn everywhere.

The camera itself, is very easy to use. For example the screen has helpful screen menus example when you switch mode dial to 'a' the screen explains what aperture priority is and also tell you that smaller F isokate subject larger F focuses on all

Or when you go into 'creative style' and select 'landscape' it explains what that is good for..and further in the menu tree..and you want to tweek settings for landscape and select 'contrast' it says...Contract adjusts the differance of light and shadow (+): stronger (-): softer

For me it keeps me from having to keep referring to the book all the time when i just need a reminder..

I don't know where you read that, but anything I've read said anything but...
It was this statement "It was the fit of the D5000 that I liked, but the A230...is finding a groove as well...I just have to be careful with the thumb hitting the 'flash' button all the time.." combined with the reviews on photo.net
javacleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:27 PM   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by javacleve View Post
uhhh, I don't really see a difference???

So, what am I missing??
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:41 PM   #433

Quote:
It was this statement "It was the fit of the D5000 that I liked, but the A230...is finding a groove as well...I just have to be careful with the thumb hitting the 'flash' button all the time.." combined with the reviews on photo.net

The 'fit' was how it felt in my hands..the grip on the D5000 is larger then the A230...

I have been more 'aware' of that since sarah mentioned that the camera has to 'feel like a friend'...that way you'll always want to take it with you.

A 'so-so' camera in hand is better then the 'best' on the shelf...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:19 PM   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
The 'fit' was how it felt in my hands..the grip on the D5000 is larger then the A230...

I have been more 'aware' of that since sarah mentioned that the camera has to 'feel like a friend'...that way you'll always want to take it with you.

A 'so-so' camera in hand is better then the 'best' on the shelf...

YES! I am finding that with my N80, I don't like how it feels...it's heavy and tips forward on me.
I have small hands, so I'm sure the fit will feel different to me than it does to you. I know I will have to try them in the store...
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:28 PM   #435

Quote:
YES! I am finding that with my N80, I don't like how it feels...it's heavy and tips forward on me.
I have small hands, so I'm sure the fit will feel different to me than it does to you. I know I will have to try them in the store...
Hmmm... the A230 is better in small hands.

I'd take a small list of your desired cameras and ask the clerk to lay them out on the table..and with your eyes closed hold each one and see how they feel...do it all with your eyes closed. Once you've narroweed them down..to 2 or so..then see how they feel up to your face eyes can be opened
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:50 PM   #436

I'm looking at the Nikon d3000 now becuase I just can't get over the grip of the a230. I have long fingers and it just doesn't feel right.
anthony_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:33 PM   #437

Sarah, can you actually post the image with the EXIF data so I can extract it with ExifTool? The EXIF information you provided is lacking a whole bunch of fields I want to compare between the two shots.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:42 PM   #438

Tullio-

Here the photo again and the EXIF data should be intact.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:45 PM   #439

anthony_b-

That is a good move. The camera has to feel comfortable in hand . If it does not, you will subconsciously avoid using the camera.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:26 PM   #440

And yes, folks-

I have had some PM's asking us to get back to the title of the basic thread topic:super zoom point and shoot cameras. I began a brand new thread today about the Fuji F-70EXR camera.

It is a 10X optical zoom camera (27mm to 270mm in 35mm terms) that provides a nice wide angle and a fairly substantial zoom as well. It seems to have excellent image quality and sharpness as you can see from the attached photo sample.

The Fuji F-70EXR is a mostly automatic camera. For example, there is no Macro or Close-up Mode, the camera understands when you want to focus at a distance of less than 30 inches automatically. The Auto WB (White balance) is very strong and seems to be able to cope with changing light conditions with ease.

For those of you that shy away from setting up a camera and changing things like WB, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and Exposure Compensation, and the like, this is the camera for you.

Rita and T are you listening? Here is a sample photo from the Fuji F-70EXR, and don't forget to read the separate thread devoted exclusively to the Fuji F-70EXR camera. Yes, folks that's me, Bradley took the photo!

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Oct 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM.