Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:34 AM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Tullio-

Here the photo again and the EXIF data should be intact.

Sarah Joyce
This photo of the squash has no EXIF data either.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:46 AM   #442

Tullio

I just pulled up that photo again. It was resized in photoshop elements and the EXIF data is intact. 'Sorry for the difficulty.

Try this one, please. I just re-took the photo using the A-200 with the Contrast-1, Saturation and Sharpness at +2. Due to the time (4:45am) I had to use bounce flash. I hope this one works.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:28 AM   #443

No...still no EXIF data. If you use Picasa to re-size the original image, it will preserve the EXIF information. Before you post another picture, you can always open it in Picasa, right click, select properties and it will show whether the EXIF data is there or not.

Tullio
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:23 PM   #444

Hi there, Tullio-

Here is the link to the imageicasaweb.google.com/anchorlecturers/20091009#5390635152808504754

The EXIF seems intact (based on right clicking). Hopefully this will work this time.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 9, 2009, 4:46 PM   #445

OK, I got it this time. Thanks for the efforts, Sarah.

So, this image was produced by the A200. This was shot in P mode, color mode (standard), DRO standard, and all Pict Adj. settings set to standard. AF is set to Wide. I'd like to compare this shot with the A230 shot of the same subject. I can almost guarantee that the A230 had different settings.

The settings I suggested for the A200 were color mode = Landscape (not set the dial to the little mountain icon, which represents the landscape, but on the menu). Then set Sat and Sharpness to +2 and Contrast to -2. Set DRO to OFF, AF spot (produces the sharpest images since the center is the only AF point that has a cross pattern (internally)).

Tullio
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:42 PM   #446

Tullio-

I apologize for being so late in getting back to this thread. However, it has been a totally WILD day. It is 3:45pm and I just got back to the hopuse!

The photo that I took with the A-200 was taken with Contrast -1 and Saturation and Sharpness to +2. However, it was taken with the Mode Selector set to Landscape, which, as i understand it, cancelled out those Creative Settings noted above.

So, off I go to explore setting the Landscape command on the Menu. Back in a few minutes.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Oct 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:51 PM   #447

Yes, once you chose creative modes (on the dial), all menu settings get reset. Not only that, whatever changes you make, don't get saved. The EXIF program also indicates that you use a Tamron lens. When I shoot with my Tamron, I set the aperture to F11 and let the camera do the rest. Unless, of course, I'm in real low light. Then I increase the aperture to f8 or f7.1 (less than that, IQ deteriorates badly.

Tullio
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:54 PM   #448

Tullio-

I have been in the A-200 documentation for 25 minutes. It looks like I cannot find how to select Landscape within the Menu Structure. Perhaps I am dense. Help me out please.

Many thanks!

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:54 PM   #449

Go to Menu1/creative style. Landscape should be the 4th entry (Std, Vivid, Port, Land,...). Select landscape and move to the right to set Contrast, Saturation and Sharpness. Then click the center button in the back. Once you get back to the menu, you'llsee Landscape showing to the right of Creative Style. This setting is good for P/A/S/M modes.

Tullio
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:09 PM   #450

Thank you so very much, Tullio-

I have it all done. So here I go to take another photo of that dumb Decorative Squash.

Stand by, and have a great day. I will have another image for you shortly.

Sarah Joyce