Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:15 AM   #1

Default Current replacement for Casio EX-S600

I'm looking into getting a new camera. I've considered getting a lower end p&s pocket friendly ultra-compact for family photos and a higher end 10x optical zoom p&s or dslr.

I've considered this for a while. At the time, I had settled on a few models to cover the lower end. The Casio EX-S600 was close to what I wanted but was a little more than what I wanted to pay at the time.

Ironically one of the 1-day deal sites has it for $99 today. But I suspect the modern replacement for it isn't that much more. Anyone familiar with what is the current equivalent to the EX-S600 from Casio?
jpm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:18 AM   #2

I have to add, that I've come to the conclusion that image stabilization is a must for me. This older casio has some anti-shake algorithmns, but I need something with at least that or better.
jpm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:36 PM   #3

Panasonic has the lowest price models with optical IS. At the $100 level hunt around for a leftover FS3, FS5, or LZ8. The current Panasonics will be closer to $150. Otherwise, near $100, the only IS you can expect is sensor-shift or the old ISO boost game.

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote