Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbineKid View Post
...first concerning the lens cover. In your pic it looks like the h20 a lens cap. Is that true? I cant tell you how many len caps I lost my my old olympus 3000.
I can't tell you how many P&S I trashed because the automatic lens cover got stuck. That's a much more expensive problem to resolve. As Sarah said, there is a string that you use to attach the lens to the body. I never lost a single cap.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:48 AM   #12

I would like the thank everyone for the great info. The more I think about it the more the H20 looks like the one Im buying. Especially since its about the same price as the others. Best Buy just droped the price to $251.99 today.
I am curious as to what you guys think of the Sony W290. I really liked it when I played with it yesterday. However its impossible to know the preformance of it by fooling around with it at best buy. CNet gave the W290 great reviews.
Thanks again
CarbineKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:41 PM   #13

Brian-

You might want to do some cross checking. www.dcresource.com did a review on the Sony W-290, you might want to read it. CNET is not famous for the thoroughness of their camera reviews.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:56 PM   #14

Not only CNET's reviews are really bad (very superficial), they tend to give very low scores, not representative at all. I'd ignore them, period.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:39 AM   #15

Well I went to the store today to buy the H20. At the store the salesman offered me a great deal on a Canon PowerShot SX110 IS. I was very tempted....but after alot of thinking I decided to go with the Sony H20 based on what I read and learned here. I'de like to thank you for all you help and useful information.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:41 AM   #16

Brian-

We are always here to help. You made an excellent decision in staying with the Sony H-20. I am sure you will enjoy the H-20. Have a great vacation and post a few photos when you return.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:31 PM   #17

I had to take the sony back today. After looking it over last night I noticed it was missing some of the items it was suppose to come with in the box. Unfortunatly it was the only one left. The store manager appoligized and offered to give me an extra discount on the Canon SX110 IS. Since Im leaving for Disney I took the extra discount and grabbed the Canon. I paid under $200 for it. So far Im happy with it, and I feel its a decent camera(especially what I paid for it).
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:04 PM   #18

Brian-

I am glad to hear that you worked out a solution. That way you can get some great photos of the family at Disney.

Sarah Joyce