Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:48 AM   #1

Default Canon SD780 vs SD960

Hey.. I have both of these cameras sitting in front of me but I still cant decide which one to keep. The 960's 4x zoom is nice over the 3x of the 780, but the camera itself is a little bigger and it does not have a viewfinder either. What is really throwing me off is the new software interface of the 960 - I am so comfortable with the old menu system on my old SD600 which is the same on the SD780, but i'm finding it hard to navigate around with the 960. HD quality videos are nice but not really a super priority. I paid around $35 more for the 960. Which one do you think I should keep? I am leaving for a 2 week trip to Italy tomorrow so I should probably decide soon.. haha.
drdavidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:21 AM   #2

drdavid-

At least for me, it is the camera that you are most comfortable with that you will use the most and enjoy shooting with in the years ahead. I would hazard the guess that you will have more fun, and shoot more photos on your upcoming trip to Italy with the more "comfy" camera.

When little things nag us, we tend to ignore or not use them as much.

Have a great Holiday weekend.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 7:33 PM   #3

Thanks. Any other thoughts?
drdavidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:35 AM   #4

Hi,
I hope I'm not too late here. If it were me I would go with the Canon Sd780 for the same reasons that Sarah stated in an earlier post, but also in the September issue of Consumer Reports the SD780 placed a very respectible 8 out of 43 sub compact cameras. In the category of Max Iso with best picture quality the 7 cameras that placed higher had useable ISO's of 200 or 400 and the SD780's had a useable ISO of 1600. Consumer Reports put this camera on it's recommended list and had this to say about it " The Canon SD780 is one of the few point and shoots that can capture high quality images in very low light without a flash. Though it's pricey." So it sounds like you have a winner and the SD780 would be the one I would keep.

Have a great vacation

Steve
Steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:36 AM   #5

oops I'm too late. Sorry.

Steve
Steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote