Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:56 AM   #11

Thank you, Sarah.

I look forward to hearing your impressions of the Fuji and seeing your samples. If I decide to purchase something that is more toward the higher price end (at least as compared to the SD1200), the Fuji may be an option. I am trying to stay with something very small and light and the Fuji may be a little heavier than I would like, but I'll need to see and feel it up close to see whether a couple of ounces really matters to me.

Although I have been leaning toward the Canons, I am certainly open to other options. On the lower price end, the Panasonic FS15 looks on paper to be a better bet than the Canon SD1200 as it has a longer zoom (5X) a wider lens and a larger LCD screen for a similar price. However, the reviews seem to favor the Canon.

As you can tell from the fact that I am still using my 5 year-old Kodak, I haven't looked at cameras for a while and the number of options at this point is dizzying. Combine that with the fact that I haven't completely settled on a particular budget and it makes the choice rather difficult :-)
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:47 PM   #12

Here is a link to another thread with a FS15 owner -
(bad link)
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/what-camera-should-i-buy/159562-why-cant-i-find-my-perfect-camera-please-help.html

(Ok link)
http://forums.steves-digicams.com//showthread.php?t=159562

Kelly Cook

Last edited by KCook; Oct 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Fixed bad link
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:19 PM   #13

Thank you, Kelly. (The link didn't work for some reason, but I found the thread). The thread seems to support my Canon leaning, notwithstanding Panasonic's feature set.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote