Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:04 PM   #1

Default Kodak V1073 or Z1085?

Hi,
I'm new in this forum.I've been looking for a budget(within $200) point and shoot digital camera capable of HD video capture.I've found Kodak V1073 and Kodak Z1085 meet my askings.Video quality is an important factor here as I'll shoot videos of my little daughter most of the time.Another reason for going for Kodak is that it allows zooming in video mode.Look is not that important for me(I like V1073's look)...to me impotant is performance,image and video quality.Also Kodak Z1012 has caught my attention...but its little over my budget.
I'm very confused and don't know what will be best for me.Please please please help me decide what would be best for me....please!

regards
aminulahsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:59 AM   #2

please reply
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:14 PM   #3

aminulahsan-

While the Kodak V-1073 can exposure at higher ISO settings and zoom while taking a video clip, most users do not like the touch screen implementation. The image quality is also correspondingly low.

A Flip camera may the better alternative, but there is not much zoom. In the under $200.00 category there is really not much to choose from on the market today.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:21 PM   #4

Evening,

I saw your post on Kodak's Z1085. I bought my wife a new camera last Christmas - the Z1085 to replace the camera she was using up to that point - a 7 year old Kodak DX4900. After several months of use, my wife mentioned that she just could not get sharp pictures from her new camera and was going back to her old one, putting duct tape over the battery door to hold it closed. Comparing pictures between the two cameras is like night and day.

About 90% of the images are mushy, not sharp, even in very bright sun light (and yes, there are a few - way too few, that are dead on, no rhyme nor reason, purely random). I thought it may be my wife, but no - I get the same results. So tried to contact Kodak, but the receipt is long gone - however, they did offer to take a look at it for $100 + shipping. Well, I spent $99 on the camera at Office Max, so spending another hundred dollars on the unit is not happening in my life time.

So, for us at least, this was the last Kodak product we will ever be purchasing. My wife's description of her "new" camera is not fit to be printed here. Needless to say, she is not overwealmed by the product.

hope that helps...
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:45 AM   #5

thank for your responses.what is the best option i have under $250 that allows HD and zooming while video and also giving sharp and crisp images?and what about Z1012?but its not pocketable as you see.thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:05 AM   #6

Can anyone tell how bad is the battery performance of V1073?how many minute of HD video can it shoot on a single charge(i know video is limited to 29 min)...?and does V1485 manual control in movie mode?And will V1485 be a better choice it terms of everything?too many questions....wating for your replies