Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:03 PM   #1

Default Feed Back Please

I am looking at a FUJI FILM 10 megapixel 12 optical zoom for the time being and would like more details on features.... I been working with a new pocket
Sanyo S1275 12.meg 3x zoom and I love it but I want more zoom for those out side shots.

I still have my old Nikon that I need to replace the battery door, it finally broke completely have had it for 5 years and of course I have a old 35mm that I need to have worked on and a few cams around the place.. and my old Brownie for looks yes I have used one in fact a few photos taken with her are downed in my space 1 under ..Motherlode8 I put in another my space for my business only so all the photos go there.... and I got them both hooked together.

But I would like more detailed features on the upper model I am getting it cause of finances I can order it and make payments rather than out right buy another camera... so give to me on only this camera pro and please keep the cons down...

Later, SharpShotGal
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:11 PM   #2

SharpshotGal,

Welcome to the forums. I'm a little confused as to what you are asking for here. Do you want feature specifications for a specific Fuji camera model? Are you still deciding whether to buy it or not? If so providing only pros with no cons isn't really useful advice to help you decide whether or not to buy it.

If you could clarify what it is you are after it would help members better answer your specific question.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:12 PM   #3

Everything you're interested in is probably available here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...om-review.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
... and please keep the cons down...
To avoid the cons, choose your on-line retailer very carefully. A useful tool for that is http://www.resellerratings.com

Last edited by TCav; Oct 9, 2009 at 3:16 PM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 4:52 AM   #4

What I am asking is others opinions on this one make of camera, FUJI FILM 10 megapixel 12 optical zoom.
I hear the lens is loose when retracted or extracted... is there
any way to tighten it?
I know it would make a sound that could ruin a perfect shot. With the wild life I encounter in my days.. Deer Otters, Elk, Moose, Birds and Squirrels.
I would not want to ruin a shot cause of a loose lens. does it twist as it moves in and out or is it visa versa...
Can it take filters as well? I have had enough of the pocket cams and ready to move up.
Later shutter snappers, Sharp Shot Gal

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Oct 10, 2009 at 4:54 AM. Reason: Highlighted cam seeking information on.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 7:46 AM   #5

there are about 12 current Fuji cameras with 10 megapixels sensors,
S1000fd and S1500 both have 10MPsensor and x12 optical zoom, there are a few Fuji superzooms with longer zoom and/or higher MP count, which one do you have in mind?
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:31 AM   #6

The lenses on these two cameras move straight in and out with no twisting. However, neither the S-1000 and s-1500 cameras hve been blue ribbon winners in the professional reviews department.

Is budget a constraint here? The video clip is noisy when zooming as well. The Kodak Z-1012, a 10mp 12X camera is out of production, but still available on e-bay, IMO it would be the better choice among the three cameras. It is selling for around $200 so it would only be $20 or so more expensive, and it has received excellent reviews.

The other option is to look for a used Panasonic FZ-18 which would also be in the same price range with more features. It has 8mp and 18X zoom with full IS. The loss of 2mp is negligible and again you would get a better camera at about the same price as the S-1000 and the S-1500 cameras.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:38 AM   #7

I just checked e-bay and there are no Panasonic FZ-18's or Kodak Z-1012 cameras right now. They come and go pretty regularly on e-bay.

However, I did cjeck the highly respected www.keh.com and they have a used FZ-18 at $205.00.

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 10, 2009, 3:11 PM   #8

http://www.steves-digicams.com/press...-releases.html This is like the one I am looking at in the Finger-hut Catalog.. Have you had your coffee yet if not try the Captains I hear its good...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 4:41 PM   #9

SharpShotGal-

That camera is called the Fuji S-1500. It has received less than stellar professional reviews. www.buydig.com and www.crutchfield.com have it for $179.99 with free shipping.

I personally would shy away from the Fuji S-1500 even tough I really like Fuji cameras. In a previous post I recommended three alternative cameras.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
Old Oct 11, 2009, 1:00 AM   #10

So what about the Pentax X70 with 12 Megapixels 24x optical zoom I see they gave loads of reviews on this one? I did mentioned I am looking at payment options reasons is I don't have much cash flow right now and can get one or the other on payments.