Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:59 AM   #1

Default panarama

i am looking for a reasonably priced camera to take panaramic pic's of small rooms
dee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:46 AM   #2

Hi there, dee-

Welcome to the Forum-

It sounds like what you are looking for is really a camera with a wide angle lens. Take a look at the Panasonic ZS1 camera. However, if most of your use is going to be indoors, that is: a typical Real Estate type use, because the ZS1/ZS3 cameras have a very weak built-in flash unit a slave flash unit would be advisable to spread flash over a wider area.

I have attached a photo sample that perhaps demonstrates the effect you are discussing. To take this photo I used the ZS1 camera and a slave flash.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee46 View Post
i am looking for a reasonably priced camera to take panaramic pic's of small rooms
thanks, i work at bathroom makeovers & i take before & after photos, problem is i need to have a wider shot, i am trying to stitch photos with no joy, i have been looking at kodak & others with in camera stitching
dee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:43 AM   #4

dee-

Stitching photos is no joy at all. The words "reasonably priced" seems to indicate a somewhat smaller budget for this camera. Take a look at this sample. It is our guest bathroom, which is very small. This was taken with a Kodak P-880 that came out in 2005. Again, it has a very wide angle lens, allowing the camera to take the whole bathroom in a single photo using the camera's own built-in flash.

If this is what you are looking for, you might still be able to find a Kodak P-880 camera on the used market.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote