Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:35 PM   #1

Default Sony H20 or Fuji F70.... indoor kid shots.... help!

I am getting rid of my Panasonic Lumix Z3 because it takes terrible indoor pics.... otherwise a great camera.

After searching here and many other photo sites i need a camera that will allow me to do the following:

1. Take good indoor pics of my very fair skinned kiddos (the lumix flash made them appear blue-ish and "blurry"/"washed out", and with no flash the pics were too dark and typically unfocused)

2. Allow me to "fiddle" with it the least - eg best camera to just turn on and take a picture (3 kids under 4 leaves little time to learn true photography skills!)

It seems from all of my reading the Sony has the better flash and lens but the Fuji has the better sensor..... I know both in the end will give me better pics than the Pany i have now....

Has anyone had hands on experience with both? No stores within an hours drive of me carry the Fuji F70EXR so it's hard for me to try it myself.

THANKS in advance!
MommaMags is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:00 PM   #2

momma-

Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for dropping by.

Yes, I have a lot of experience with both cameras (the Sony H-20 and the F-70EXR). I kept the Sony H-20 and I returned the Fuji F-70EXR. The obvious question is why did I do that?

It is actually simple. I have a lot of digital camera experience and I teach digital cameras. My judgement was this: the Fuji F-70EXR is a good, but unusual camera. The F-70 has features we have never seen on a digital camera before. I found myself constantly referring to the camera manual. My thought was yes, you would eventually learn those new and complex features, but that is not what having fun with your camera really is. Secondly, the flash unit on the H-20 was much better than the flash on the F-70, so I returned the the F-70EXR camera after three weeks of use.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:37 PM   #3

Thank you Sarah for replying! I was hoping you'd chime in.... i had read in several threads that you had hands on experience with them both......

Going with the H20..... i am excited!
MommaMags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:09 PM   #4

Momma-

Thanks you will love the Sony H-20.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote