Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:52 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
moreboost-

With the current $200 rebate available at Amazon and Buy-Dig, moving up to the T-1 to get an ISO 3200 capability is almost painless.

Sarah Joyce
yes, i think its worth it at this point too.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:38 AM   #22

I ended up buying an XSi with kit lens, a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens, a tiffen uv protector filter, and a 8 gb class 6 sd card all for under $650. I am very excited to say the least. I joined another camera forum while this site was down and the guys are telling me that there is no point in using the UV filter. What do you guys think?
Moreboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:34 AM   #23

moreboost-

Everyone seems to have their own "Take" on adding a UV filter. I have always done so, twice it has saved a lens. I would rather loose and have to replace a less the $20.00 UV filter rather than a lens.

The bottom line, at least for me, is that the UV filter was a great investment, that gave me real and very functional insurance.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:51 PM   #24

Amazon.com has better deal than newegg if you want to buy one since there is no tax and shipping charge. Currently there is a factory promotion of $200 instant if you buy it with 55-250mm EFS IS lens. It is like getting an additional for only $20 extra.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreboost View Post
I ended up buying an XSi with kit lens, a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens, a tiffen uv protector filter, and a 8 gb class 6 sd card all for under $650. I am very excited to say the least. I joined another camera forum while this site was down and the guys are telling me that there is no point in using the UV filter. What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKSer View Post
Amazon.com has better deal than newegg if you want to buy one since there is no tax and shipping charge. Currently there is a factory promotion of $200 instant if you buy it with 55-250mm EFS IS lens. It is like getting an additional for only $20 extra.
Thats what i did
Moreboost is offline   Reply With Quote