Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 25, 2009, 4:05 AM   #1

Default Which camera to capture pets

Hi All,
I'm looking for a digital camera to capture my pets trotting around the showring and playing, as well as portraits. Must be good inside in low light.
I need a fast shutter speed and an anti shake mechanism.

So far I'm thinking Casio Exilim FC-100 it's fast and has the anti shake mech but is apparently not sure it's good in low light (according to a review I read somewhere) although it is supposed to be good for nightime photography.

Also the Casio Exilim Z450 has a feature to focus on a pets face, kinda interesting.

I'm also open to Canon because I can hook it up to my Macbook Pro. I like the look of IXUS 200 but not sure it will do the necessary.

Any other suggestions or advice are welcome. I've never chosen a camera before never mind with a specific need in mind. I've always had hand me downs and made do.
Thanks j

Last edited by Parischienne; Nov 25, 2009 at 4:19 AM.
Parischienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:12 AM   #2

Paris-

Welcome to the Forum. We are glad you dropped by.

With your stated requirements, in particular, the indoor numerically high ISO shots in the Show Ring where flash cannot be used. You are really asking for the photographic capability of a DSLR camera. Any point and shoot camera, no matter the brand will produce poor and marginal results.

Does you budget allow consideration of a DSLR camera? Tell us more specifically about your camera requirements. Have a great day and a Happy Thanksgiving, if you are in the USA.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:48 AM   #3

The Show ring aspect doesn't matter too much. I really want to be able to take pictures of my pugs playing, photograph dogs trotting around the streets of Paris, in cafe's etc. Capturing window displays for my blog (discreetly) and also I live partially in Malta, where there is a lot of outdoor sunlight year round and little fishing boats bobbing in the bays. So really the camera has to do everything but I have no intention of setting it up, by that time I would have missed the shot! That's why I think I need the point and shoot, It has to be able to work out everything itself. I had to google DSLR to see what it meant, that shows you how 'camera none savvy I am'

My budget would be around 350 Euros.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:08 PM   #4

Paris-

Thanks for your reply, There are tweo cameras that are very good with a fully automatic operation. The Canon SX-120 and the Sony H-20. If you want more zoom look at the Panasonic FZ-38.

Sarah Joyce
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:09 PM   #5

Default sente

Laws catch flies, but let hornets go free(c) :-) what do you think about?
Lokpeksciep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:43 PM   #6

lokpeksciep-

Welcome to the Forum.

Honestly, what you posed appears to be spam. We like to stay on topic here in the Forum.

Have a great day and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sarah Joyce
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:51 PM   #7

mtclimber

Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look at the camera's you suggested.
Happy Thanksgiving.