Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:31 PM   #11

Hey Sarah, I'll probably stick with the FZ35...even if a new FZ replacement comes out, I doubt it will sell for $300, which fits my budget perfectly.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 7:11 PM   #12

You beat me to it, Matt-

That is what I was going to mention. The new cameras (the FZ-45 and FZ-100) are going to be a full list price until at least after Christmas. That makes the FZ-35 a very good buy indeed at it current pricing, and it can only go lower, when the new models are announced sometime during the next three weeks.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:10 PM   #13

Well, the deed is done! I picked it up at Amazon Warehouse deals for $287 (is pricing discussion allowed here or is it frowned upon? if so, I'm sorry and a mod can feel free to edit as appropriate)...that let me pop for 2-day shipping, bringing my grand total to $300.96 USD to my door.

I also picked up a 16GB Class 10 SDHC card @ meritline for $32, and a couple eforcity replacement batteries on amazon for like $15 shipped.

The next, and last, thing on my list is to get a good filter set. need to do a little reading before I decide which kind to buy.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:16 PM   #14

Congratulations, Matt-

You will really enjoy the FZ-35, it is a really good camera. Nice going.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
W

I also picked up a 16GB Class 10 SDHC card @ meritline for $32, and a couple eforcity replacement batteries on amazon for like $15 shipped.
Hi Matt,

Did you get this SDHC card at meritline:

pqi 16gb 150x sdhc secure digital high capacity card (class 10) 116-491

That's 32.95 shipped.

I'm wondering why the Class 6 16GB PQi SDHC card costs $2 more than the Class 10 card. Any idea? I don't know the ins and outs, but all things being equal I'd think the Class rating would be the important thing. Whatcha think?

moderator: I didn't mean to link the card, it just happened. You can munge what I posted if you like. As you can see, I'm new here, so please forgive me if this isn't appropriate.

Last edited by Muse; Jul 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM.
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:42 PM   #16

yup that's the same one I bought. I have no idea why the lower class rating would be more expensive other than just dumb pricing on their part? the higher the class, the higher the read/write speed, so you definitely would want to choose class 10 over class 6, unless this one is some sort of "b-grade" product, but I didn't see anything mentioning that.

I should get my chip and my camera tomorrow. I only paid for 2nd day shipping, but UPS updated my delivery date to show tomorrow! And the meritline warehouse is only like 40 miles form me so that will be here around the same time.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:46 PM   #17

Enjoy, Matt-