Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:51 PM   #1

Default SX120 vs Sony H-20

aside from the Sony able to do HD video and has an HD video out to connect to a TV is a nice feature, I don't think the Canon SX 120 has HD video or HDMI out. but otherwise how do they stack up against each other. pro's & cons

Chet
Chetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2009, 5:35 PM   #2

Chet-

You are correct the Canon SX-120 does not have a video out terminal or an HDMI out terminal, The flash range is not as great in feet as you will find on the H-20, the optical zoomon both cameras is 10X. They both have 3" LCD screens and those LCD screens are used to frame your photo. The canon SX-120 does not have HD video.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:30 PM   #3

Thanks for the prompt reply Sarah!

I was ready to jump on the H-20 deal, I still may, but I got thinking about the special battery, and have to use Sony's own mem card, I have been looking at the Canon SX 120 a bit, can you tell me a few things do you feel the SX-120 is the closest crossover match up to the H-20, does the H-20 suffer the same issue as the Canon SX 120 the recharge time after flash pic is taken to wait for the camera to be ready to shoot another pic using the flash, I was using my Canon A590 last night and when needing to take pics fast it was a slug awaiting for the next pic to be ready.

CHet
Chetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:41 PM   #4

Chet-

The Sony H-20 has a measurably faster flash recycle time than the Canon Sx-120. And as I mentioned previously the H-20 has a better built-in flash system than the Canon SX-120. I own both cameras and use them all the time, so I know their features rather well.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote