Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:06 AM   #1

Default Camera for 130 and under

hey guys/girls

Im really confused on which compact digital camera to go for. everytime i read a review i change my mind so hoping someone here can help me out on which brand/model to go for

the only thing spec the camera has to meet is that it takes SD cards as i have a few 4GB lying about and dont want to splash out on cards when i already have these.

I know this rules some brands out but can i go far wrong with the panny lumix fs7 or fs15. the only problem i have with this is that there are no manual controls (am i right on this point)

Another model i have seen is the canon ixus 95IS

Is casio or Nikon any good

any help would be great guys
vman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:47 AM   #2

vman-

Welcome to the Forum. We are glad you dropped by.

The Panasonic FS-15 and its twin the FS-25 are good candidates on your search. They are however lacking in any real manual controls. Also in the same price range you will find the Kodak Z-915 which offer a full 10X optical zoom and full manual and automatic controls. The Z915 was just named by CNET as one of the top 10 cameras of 2009. The Z-915 also takes SD cards and uses 2 AA sized batteries.

Nikon's and Casio's point and shoot cameras have only been average at best for 2009.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:10 PM   #3

hi sarah

thanks for getting back to me. im not too keen on cameras using AA batteries. could you recommend anything else?

What about the ixus 95 IS?

I have also been doing some more research and stumbled accross good deals on the samsung PL60 and PL55. are these any good

sorry for all the questions but there is just so much choice out there. you have already narrowed it down for me by omitting nikon and casio from my search, thanks
vman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:44 PM   #4

Vman-

The Ixus 95 is a very good choice, as is the Kodak Z-950 which has the same features (10X optical zoom+ full manual and automatic controls) as the Z-915 camera, but it has a lithium ion battery and a 3.0" LCD screen.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote