Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:40 PM   #11

Chopper123

I have the T1i, and have shot with the 50D. They both use basically the same sensor. Image quality are pretty close because of this. The 50D is alot faster, it dose not get slow down because to the HD video. So you get a faster 6.3fps burst rate vs 3.4fps. There is a big weight difference. The 50 has more "pro" features. Better view finder. The t1i holds its own though.

For your uses, I would not get the ef-s55-250mm IS, I would go for the ef 70-300mm IS lens instead. It is much better for shooting birds, it is a bit faster. With the USM. And allot quitter, which helps for bird shoot. Also it can do marco but not at 1:1. The ef is easier to carry though. I have both of these lenses.

Actually you can do marco with the ef 28-135mm IS but again not at 1:1. It is a pretty good lens, and take very nice photo and sharper then ef-s18-55mm imho, the ef-s lens allows me to shoot at a wider angle. I have both again. The reason being the wife likes the lighter lenses.

The ef 50mm f1.8 is a great choice, it can do allot. I love this lens, 18 years and still going strong.

If you get either the ef zoom lenses, you can hold off on getting a marco right away.

The 15.1 of the 50d and t1i allows you to do more when cropping over the xsi.

Just one piece of advice. Which ever lens you get, buy the lens hood for them. Canon does not include them. I would go with aftermarket, the canon plastic is just over price. I find ebay sells new ones that are excellent quailty at a 10th of the price of the canon.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:41 PM   #12

Congrat, great choice, Which lenses did you get?
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote