Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:55 PM   #1

Default Best camera for my daughter

My daughter has a very good SLR digital camera. However, she would like a camera that she can take with her when she goes out dancing, to the bars and to party's. Picture quality would need to be good enough to print out 4x6's - but she probably wouldn't print anything larger than that. She doesn't want anything to expensive, as she doesn't want to worry about the camera when she's out. Is there anything that would work $150 or less (or if she had to up to $200)? Most of the pictures will probably just get posted to facebook.

Thank you.
CherAnn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:01 PM   #2

CherAnn-

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

By increasing your budget to under $200 you have the Canon SX-120 and Fuji F-70EXT to look at. Both are good and capable cameras that probably could fill your daughter's needs.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:30 PM   #3
Super Moderator

for those simple requirements, i would go with the

Casio Z33
http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...lusion-27.html

Canon A480
http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...-review-2.html

both are around 100-120$
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherAnn24 View Post
My daughter has a very good SLR digital camera. However, she would like a camera that she can take with her when she goes out dancing, to the bars and to party's. Picture quality would need to be good enough to print out 4x6's - but she probably wouldn't print anything larger than that. She doesn't want anything to expensive, as she doesn't want to worry about the camera when she's out. Is there anything that would work $150 or less (or if she had to up to $200)? Most of the pictures will probably just get posted to facebook.

Thank you.
Welcome to the forums first of all!

I highly recommend one camera and one camera only for that usuage in that price range.

The Canon Powershot SD780IS. If you want to see samples of the pic quality pm me + I can show you my Facebook photos.

In addition on Youtube you can find MANY examples of its superior 720p HD movie/video capabilities. Its tiny, easy to use and for $200 or less won't get beat for the uses you have described.
NewSD780IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:55 PM   #5

Fujifilm J250 and Nikon S230 both have 3" LCD and are around $150. Certainly good enough for Facebook!

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:19 AM   #6

the SD780IS is appropriate for her daughters others needs: out dancing and parties.

It does full 720p video better then any NON dslr, has HDMI out and the younger generation are all about videos.

Its pic quality is only average but its video capability is peerless among NON dslr's (point and shoots).
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherAnn24 View Post

Thank you.
Here's a sample of the Canon Powershot SD780IS average photo taking ability in the hands of a raw amateur:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=596182d0e5
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:34 AM   #8

Actually, the photos look quite nice. Bill-

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:22 AM   #9

Why, thank you very much, Sarah.

Coming from a pro, like yourself, I appreciate it.