Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:19 PM   #11

Sorry I know I am deviating my mind too much. One last question, I would like to know - how is ZS3. Really it's on top of DSC H20?

I read some review of ZS3 on amazon and really those are fantastic.

In what aspects, ZS3 is better than DSC H20 and SX120?

Regards
-Ravi
ravipg2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:40 PM   #12
Super Moderator

The biggest advantage for the ZS3 is that it offers a much wider view at the wide-angle end 25mm vs 38mm. It is also somewhat smaller.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:11 PM   #13

ravi-

However, if you read a professional review of the ZS3 you will find that the indoor image quality is below average due to the very small, and very weak built-in flash unit installed on the ZS3 camera.

The ZS3 outdoor image quality is excellent, but indoors, due to the small-weak flash the image quality is below average.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:36 PM   #14

Thanks for all your great help. It really helped me a lot to finalize my selection. Yesterday I got my DSC H20 from Amazon and I took some snap today morning.

I would like to share these two images with you. I does not know much about this photography so don't know about the cause of these images. I took both the pics with auto mode. Sunlight is coming from left side on both the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Here are my questions for these two photos.

a) Both the photos showing the blue color road. I took these photo in morning at 8.15 AM with sunlight. But the roads in both the photos are coming as blue. not sure about this.

b) The front glass of all cars in landscape photo is also showing blue color.

c) I took the first photo (portrait one) when I was almost in front of the sun. The edges of apartment corridor has a light. Please also see the branch of the right tree. Is this something wrong here.

I will request to please download the photos for a better review.

Request you to please review and let me know why it is happening with this photos. Is there anything wrong which I am doing.

Regards
-Ravi Prakash
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:44 AM   #15
Super Moderator

it is showing a bad link for me, so i am unable to see the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravipg2004 View Post
Thanks for all your great help. It really helped me a lot to finalize my selection. Yesterday I got my DSC H20 from Amazon and I took some snap today morning.

I would like to share these two images with you. I does not know much about this photography so don't know about the cause of these images. I took both the pics with auto mode. Sunlight is coming from left side on both the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Here are my questions for these two photos.

a) Both the photos showing the blue color road. I took these photo in morning at 8.15 AM with sunlight. But the roads in both the photos are coming as blue. not sure about this.

b) The front glass of all cars in landscape photo is also showing blue color.

c) I took the first photo (portrait one) when I was almost in front of the sun. The edges of apartment corridor has a light. Please also see the branch of the right tree. Is this something wrong here.

I will request to please download the photos for a better review.

Request you to please review and let me know why it is happening with this photos. Is there anything wrong which I am doing.

Regards
-Ravi Prakash
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:49 AM   #16

Hi,

Is there any other way I can show these images? Please tell me I will share that way
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:55 AM   #17

can you please try this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravipg2004/

Hope this will work.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:34 AM   #18

Ravi-

Yes, I did manage to get to the photos via the new link. Thank you.

The lighting is typical of near sunrise photos. The areas that are sunlighted show proper exposure and the shadowed areas (those are the areas that I presume you care saying have a blue cast) are just about spot on for shadowed areas when the sun is physically very low on the horizon.

Considering the rather unique lighting conditions, I would say the H-20 did just about what I would expect.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:53 AM   #19

Thanks Sarah for reviewing these images.

By the way, I took these photos during morning time at 8.15 AM. Sun was at starting stage at that time and sky was also clear.

My main concern is about the blueness in the image (specially the second one). The main road (which is back side of open parked car) has blue color in it. I know it's not blue color road The road color is as usual gray color.

Again thank you very much for reviewing my images and providing your comments.

Regards
-Ravi Prakash
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:02 PM   #20

ravi-

The only answer is to more testing of various situations to evaluate the H-20's image quality.

Sarah Joyce