Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:58 PM   #31

j320-

It may indeed have to do with the batteries you are using in the SX-120. I use Sanyo Eneloop batteries and even when using flash the shot to shot times are 1.5 to 2 seconds.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:01 PM   #32

jjblance-

If you want the ability to add a lens adapter later, then your choice is the H-20.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:56 PM   #33

I knew when I bought the SX110 that it was slower but I thought I could live with the slow speed but I really don't like using it. It may not make a difference if I am taking stills but it does when I take people. I agree that the batteries do make a difference because I can see a difference when it has new or fully charged batteries but it doesn't seem that I am the only one with this problem. Here is a review from Cnet.
Though the SX120 IS gets decent marks overall for speed, it does have some borderline performance issues that earned it some ratings demerits. It wakes and shoots in 2.5 seconds, which is typical of megazooms. Its shutter lag for high- and low-contrast scenes--0.6 second and 0.7 second, respectively--are typical for this class, too. However, shot-to-shot times are noticeably slow at 2.6 seconds without flash and jump to 6.1 seconds once you enable the flash. Continuous shooting is unimpressive, too, running at 0.8 frames per second.
j320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:01 PM   #34

j320-

Well, it is truly a personal decision. It is not an issue for me. If it is for you, perhaps it is time to sell the SX-110, and make a new selection.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:10 PM   #35

I agree. I am reading these threads on this forum so I will buy a camera better suited for me.

Last edited by j320; Mar 10, 2010 at 12:14 AM.
j320 is offline   Reply With Quote